Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Longest Lasting Tyres

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Bob Jane All rounders, Mate at work had them gripped ok for a good 80,000 lol

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I run Bridgestone Turanzas, my last set lasted just on 63,000 km and still had a bit of tread left - only reason I changed them is that while they still had tread left, I wasn't sure if they'd have enough to get a blue slip. Dad used to run them on his VE Berlina, he typically got a good 70,000 or so k's out of them.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ive got a set of Kumho Ecsta KU39's on now and theyve lasted about 50K kms so far, but the insides gone and not roadworthy anymore, ive had a good run outta them...

So basically all the tyres last the same amount of KM's just the prices change between the grip quality, so the cheap nasty ones should do the trick?.. Its just for going interstate few times a month.
Think yourself lucky you got 50K out of tyres. My old VZ ute was lucky to get 15K out of the rears.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
+1 for Turanzas. Seem to be wearing in well on the front of my ute.

As mentioned, Bob Jane All Rounders aren't too bad either.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I also think longer lasting tyres have a lot to do with the wheel alignment too. From personal experience too much toe-in or toe-out can be just as bad for tyres as camber.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Nexen N3000 49,000km 5 years, still had good tread left on them but the rubber started to get hard so I swapped them to the newer Nexen N6000. I always buy 4 tyres off eBay from Sydney for a great price included postage. I recommended them.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Nexen N3000 49,000km 5 years, still had good tread left on them but the rubber started to get hard so I swapped them to the newer Nexen N6000. I always buy 4 tyres off eBay from Sydney for a great price included postage. I recommended them.

I guess you then take them to a tyre shop to be fitted and balanced? Is there any hassle with doing that? i.e. Do they mind or are they happy to oblige getting paid for the fitting etc........perhaps even a wheel alignment.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Just a tip, and not all tyre manufactures measure it the same, but there is a "treadwear" rating factor listed on tyres, along with all other info, ex a softer compound 220 will wear more than a harder compound 400.

callouts_zps65dcfb9a.jpg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I guess you then take them to a tyre shop to be fitted and balanced? Is there any hassle with doing that? i.e. Do they mind or are they happy to oblige getting paid for the fitting etc........perhaps even a wheel alignment.

Depends on the shop, even on the guy that serves you and what mood he's in in my experience. Most are okay with doing it. Shouldn't have any issues with a wheel alignment, people get those all the time without buy tyres.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged

Yeah I just took them to a tyre shop. $20 a tyre to fit and then an alinement on top. As _R_J_K said it depends on the shop and person serving you. Some places said no they wouldn't help me.

Depends on the shop, even on the guy that serves you and what mood he's in in my experience. Most are okay with doing it. Shouldn't have any issues with a wheel alignment, people get those all the time without buy tyres.

Yep your spot on with this!