Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about interior

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hello,

Just bought a calais v. It didny come with the genuine calais v mats, headphones and the remote for the dvd player. Just wondering if theres anywhere else I can buy these accessories genuine from other than holden? thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Genuine? Holden.
Non-Genuine? Anywhere else.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you purchased it privately go back to the seller and ask some questions. If from a dealer and it was advertised as a Callais then go back to them and remind them that the vehicle they sold you is incomplete and not representative of a Calais that any reasonable person would expect to obtain.

Filochik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I bought it privately. Id rather just buy the new mats I guess $150 isnt too bad. Also when I push the sat nav button on my display it says no maps blah blah. Does that mean I just need the disc? If so where do I go or how much?

Thanks for your help guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Does anyone know what the genuine VE Calais V mats looked like? I too bought one and the mats it came with were just plain grey with the lock holes. Were they the original mats? Or did the original mats come with Holden or Calais embroided logo? Not really bothered, more curious then anything. Has anyone got pics?

To answer your question mate, get onto ebay and you'll find some Holden Dealers advertising genuine mats at cheaper prices around the $70-$90 mark for a full set of 4. The sat nav will only work if it was a factory option. Mine has it, and you'll find the DVD player and disk in the glove box. If your's hasn't got it, and you want it, I would recommend searching this forum on advice about fitting a good aftermarket system, as it will cost the same, maybe even cheaper, and more then likely be a better system. Just do your research so you don't get scammed, and don't be afraid to ask guys on this forum questions, as there's a lot of guys who know their **** and are willing to offer good, free advice.

These forums have already helped me out heaps, in the short amount of time I've been on here.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The calaisv and in fact all commodores do not come with mats as standard.
They are a dealer fit option that can be bought and fitted when the car is purchased new (or after the fact later)

There are 2 types, standard with a crappy foam backing, which wear out quickly and does not have an embroided logo, then there are the premium ones, with a hard backing, stronger and deeper pile, and the logo embroided on them.

Rear seat headphones should have come with the car, as too the rear DVD player remote control, but to be honest a lot of owners remove these from the vehicle, as its easy for them to be lost.
It's very much like how many used cars aren't sold with the user manual, glovebox key, etc

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Ohh and fleabay is your best option for the above. ( the headphones are it based, not sure if aftermarket ones may be suitable as well)

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
When i purchased my Caprice the guy gave me 1 wired aftermarket headphone, so i'm sure most aftermarkets would work fine, the original ones are IR i believe to make them wireless, but i haven't bought these yet.
And no DVD remote supplied, easy lost so i'm not fussed, if it was my home TV or DVD i'd be annoyed ;-)
Quoted by Holden Dealer around $100 for remote and around $70 for each headphone. as Zerone_V said Fleabay might have it cheaper.