Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
should get the premium brakes :p now they do pull you up bloody quick !

well i didnt only get the front bar done i got the radiator support panel welded up and re sprayed, the radiator, condensor etc etc painted black, inner plastic guards replaced, bonet lining replaced .. i think thats it and it costed me $1300 painted and fitted

the front bar was sent for melbourne and costed me $1100 but it was a reco bar ... absalutly nothing wrong with it hey look on ebay the front bar going for $888, thats the one i got and yea theres nothing wrong with them hey

oh its only a dude in the shoot :p

oh as for up above, i tick all the sujestions lol

3:9 gears = win

high stall = total win ( id also look into getting the auto strengthened down the track )

rims resprayed = shiiiit yea ! but do it last :p

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
IMG_0202.jpg

i just noticed that you friggen copied me ! haha btw IM LOWER !

photo-52.jpg

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
So it turns out, I may actually have an update for once guys. Well those of you who still have this thread in your radar anyway :D

Nothing overly fantastic as a cam or anything, but its a nice little mod, should get me some more power and potentially save fuel if i can keep my right foot under control! :p

I've got it booked into BYE Performance and I am sure you can guess what it is in therefore (Getting a DuSpeed while im at it!), I just don't want to put my foot in my mouth by saying it on the internet and then it fall through..!

Its booked in for exactly a month from now, so hopefully i will be able to upload some photo maybe vids and printouts too ;)

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
i just noticed that you friggen copied me ! haha btw IM LOWER !

photo-52.jpg

Nah doubt your lower man, unless you got alot of stuff in the boot, the only difference between our shots is the angle. haha and your on grass, thats cheating! - Everyone knows your car looks 100 times lower on grass!

edit: i'd say we're even. Unless you wanna drive over here an prove otherwise :p

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Tough clubby mate. Never seen one that colour before! I like it!

Cheers man, I see the other red (your red) around and don't get me wrong I love it, but as soon as i seen the shanghai red on this clubby... There was no way under any circumstances would i ever let it slip outta my grasp.. The guy that i bought it off prob knew that, but ohwell.. When you find the car that you love aint much you can do about it but suck it up an buy it aye? Haha

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
Cheers man, I see the other red (your red) around and don't get me wrong I love it, but as soon as i seen the shanghai red on this clubby... There was no way under any circumstances would i ever let it slip outta my grasp.. The guy that i bought it off prob knew that, but ohwell.. When you find the car that you love aint much you can do about it but suck it up an buy it aye? Haha

I know the feeling. As soon as I seen mine for sale I booked a flight for the next morning and 8 hours and 760ks (on 1 tank of fuel!!) later I had it home haha

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Alrighty, I got my car back from BYE Performance and its awesome. The Duspeed looks mint, and the car goes well..!

I'll get round to a pic and dyno graph soon, but the figures are as follows...

293rwhp/454nm stock
327rwhp/489nm otr+tune

Bit of a freak stocker hahaha and on a MAINLINE!!!

So super happy with that outcome. Stock headers stock cats otr cat back an tune. Decent result.

He said it looks like someone had done a little bit of backyard tuning to it, hence why the 293rwhp on a "stock" tune run (was really lean in the AFR in the beginning)..

But 327rwhp is an amazing outcome.. It made 2rwhp more, but it was tuned back 1deg for safety as its a daily.

So I'll get round to getting a scan of the sheet up and a photo in the near future...

That's if anyone still cares? :p

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Awesome mate, yeh cant wait for pics of the OTR and dyno graph.....