Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Turbo,,,

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
That's her brothers job he has the 800hp RB. So are you gonna contribrute Hozy or just nit pick n troll like Air Strike??

Why bother? Maybe you should take a page out of your own book and untangle those nickers.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Why bother?

so you "bother" to comment but not contribute? Good helpful attitude. I have a joke with you, provide a fact for my statement. Some joker has an attack at me not knowing my life/situation and the fact im not the Nissan guru in a family and my knickers are tangled? please

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
OP - before I join the debate, and so all other participants can provide a more detailed response, what's your budget? You could get a mild cam, full exhaust, intake and tune for around the 7k mark, and that would give you more poke than you have now without making it a pig to drive, and you'd be looking at at least 7k up for a basic FI setup, and then you'll have to add exhaust, fitting, tuning etc.

Figure out a budget, what you're end goals are power wise, and go speak to a few reputable workshops. They could probably even take you for a spin in a few cars with different mods to let you get more of a feel for what you're after.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Missus R33 is stock standard and has boost spiking and pinging issues. Like I said its my opinion, don't agree with it that's your opinion.

Apart from criticising I don't hear you contributing to the positives of a turbocharger over supercharger...... Feel free to untangle those nickers a contribute something useful in your next post.
]
They didn't leave the factory having boost spike and pinging issues...................

What have you contributed bar untruths?

Turbo is more efficient, a wider spread of torque, doesn't smash the torque down low like a PD blower so more useable as a daily car as well, can easily run an air to air cooler so no need to worry about water pumps dying, filling up tanks, etc, etc

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Belt driven, low end torque, better power curve.

Yes turbos use waste exhaust gas to spool. Turbo lag sucks, boost spikes and pinging.

Both technologies are 40+ years old and well developed these days but I have my opinion.

]What have you contributed bar untruths?

where's the lie?? or untruth?

Turbo is more efficient, a wider spread of torque, doesn't smash the torque down low like a PD blower so more useable as a daily car as well, can easily run an air to air cooler so no need to worry about what pumps dying, filling up tanks, etc, etc

praise the lord some contribution!! when off boost the turbo would be more fuel efficient but when the boost kicks in its not for everyone.

How's this thought (wank) while the whole turbo mounting and intercooler is located in front of the wheels it adds more weight to the front while the supercharger and its intercooler replaces the inlet manifold keeping all the weight behind the wheel for better weight distribution.

Everyone love everyone!

just trying to get a conversation/discussion out of these two, love for everyone.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
where's the lie?? or untruth?

praise the lord some contribution!! when off boost the turbo would be more fuel efficient but when the boost kicks in its not for everyone.

How's this thought (wank) while the whole turbo mounting and intercooler is located in front of the wheels it adds more weight to the front while the supercharger and its intercooler replaces the inlet manifold keeping all the weight behind the wheel for better weight distribution.

just trying to get a conversation/discussion out of these two, love for everyone.
Put a rear mount turbo setup, job done.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ever notice it's always the creepies with the wagons that want to love everyone? You're still coming around tonight right Grenn?

Everyone love everyone!

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Single turbo with top shelf bits - 13k drive in drive out, twin turbo with top shelf bits 19k drive in drive out.

Single turbo kits cost the same as a blower package and are more fun. Turbo kits also take 3x longer to get done, you're car will be off the road for 3 weeks.