Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Not me, although my detailer has my details and instructions to call me once he has MY17 info.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Not me, although my detailer has my details and instructions to call me once he has MY17 info.

Same here, I haven't heard anything from my dealer and she has been very forthcoming and proactive in the past.
My sense is that the real info isn't out yet and the Friday deadline some articles mention is total bs.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Same here, I haven't heard anything from my dealer and she has been very forthcoming and proactive in the past.
My sense is that the real info isn't out yet and the Friday deadline some articles mention is total bs.
the deadline for this Friday is for the workers to submit their deposits

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
the deadline for this Friday is for the workers to submit their deposits

Ah okay, that makes sense. Give the workers a chance before the public get to scramble :)
Hopefully this means we're close!

Still thinking of upgrading SC?

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Got the employee letter from GMH about expressing interest.

Not a lot of information provided, but it mentions that there will be some 'unique content never before offered on a local model, including some features from the Chev SS'

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Nothing has come out to dealers in Aus as yet. All they keep saying is that the distribution plan for 2017 will be announced in the coming weeks and that we can't place orders for any 2017 build cars, except for fleet requirements, which must be placed as MY16 orders and then they'll convert them to MY17 once they're available for open ordering.

All the info is basically out there already anyway, so we've taken a few orders for 2017, knowing that we'll be able to fulfill them early in the year, but there's a heap of people (friends included) who want one of the special packs. It's going to be hard, because if the volumes getting built are low, as suggested, we're going to have to hold firm on RRP.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I spoke to GMH this morning and the employee price for these packs is significantly higher than that for a standard Redline equivalent, based on the employee pricing that I was provided in October 2015.

They also confirmed that the Calais version would be called the Director and that the models wouldn't be officially unveiled until January.

I imagine that it'll be tough for a retail buyer to snag one as I remember a large number of employees (especially engineers) already being aware of these new models and had planned to buy them. Given that it was a couple of years ago I imagine that they likely have the means to do so.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
There's plenty of dealership staff that want to buy them also. We have a number of interested employees already putting their hand up for one as soon as info is released.

My wife won't drive one, so that rules me out :(