Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I have a double lip on my garage and had to take the VE in and out ultra slow (about 10mm clearance) to avoid 'bouncing'. The VF2 has about 10-15mm extra clearance (and more sensible shaping) so way easier. IMO because the sports armour would make the front lower, it could be more likely to catch and dislodge the bumper brackets? (and I don't really like the look of it). I always scope out the best way over steep driveways (like servos) and either avoid them or just take it slow.

I'm not a huge fan of the Sports Armour either, but if the colour of the LMF starts looking bad then I may get one to cover it. I have seen around 3 of them last month (on a white and silver and blue VFII's) and they didn't look too bad.

VF II SS-V Redline 2017 - Sports Armour.jpg

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm sure someone could spray paint one for you for a lot cheaper than the Holden one presuming you can get heatproof paint tinted up. (PS I was referring to the engine cover, not the car colour in case you hadn't noticed mine?)

Yes, I realised it was the engine cover and not the car colour. That's a good idea regarding spraying the current engine cover, as I know a couple of spray painters.

I was also just quoting that the car colour and/or engine cover is subjective, and not all colours appeal to all people. Unless it is white/black/silver/grey which are conservative colours. To be honest, I was hanging out for the new colours for 2017 and initially I was quite disappointed with the colours that came out. Although LMF wasn't my real choice for my last ever car/Commodore I chose it because it marks a bold statement. I would have loved Jungle Green to have remained a colour, but maybe if I am cashed up one day I could buy a 2016 Jungle Green, black out all the trimmings, and get a Walkinshaw or Tekno upgrade. That would be nice!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I bought Sports Armour when we got the car (ie. not from the dealer but as a part for 1/3 the price) ... haven't ever fitted it, you can tell when driveways are a bit steep or there's a bump-stop in a car-park whivh might scrape so you drive slowly, any paint scrapes are underneath & invisible if you don't have a hoist, ABS plastic ain't exactly going to rust any time soon, and the Sports Armour would increase the chance of real damage by being lower & hence potentially catching on something.

Also ... and obviously this doesn't help you because it's all about what you like, but the colour you bought looks about a billionty times better than Metallic Swamp. :)

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
I bought Sports Armour when we got the car (ie. not from the dealer but as a part for 1/3 the price) ... haven't ever fitted it, you can tell when driveways are a bit steep or there's a bump-stop in a car-park whivh might scrape so you drive slowly, any paint scrapes are underneath & invisible if you don't have a hoist, ABS plastic ain't exactly going to rust any time soon, and the Sports Armour would increase the chance of real damage by being lower & hence potentially catching on something.

Also ... and obviously this doesn't help you because it's all about what you like, but the colour you bought looks about a billionty times better than Metallic Swamp. :)

My Mrs has a Holden Cruze SRI-v and it has a lower front that keeps scraping on everything (maybe it's the way she drives.) I kept saying "don't worry about, just drive" so now she has a Maxda CX-3 so she doesn't have to worry about it. Actually, we were just talking about it with her this morning with a friend, and she stated "lets see when you get your car and see if it scrapes - just drive I'll tell you" - that's her comment to me. I know it's going to scrape.

As for the Metallic Swamp, you are referring to the Spitfire Green? See my comment above re the (dreaming/maybe/one day) MY16 Jungle Green with a makeover. I saw one on a Tekno Performance YouTube videos and I loved it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No, Spitfire is a bold, strong statement ... you wouldn't refer to it as 'swamp'. :)
Jungle never really grabbed me though, it's ... well, muddy. Swampy. LMF just wins, sorry. :)

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
No, Spitfire is a bold, strong statement ... you wouldn't refer to it as 'swamp'. :)
Jungle never really grabbed me though, it's ... well, muddy. Swampy. LMF just wins, sorry. :)
Also sorry but I have to agree - I like most greens but Jungle Green never did it for me because IMO it lacked character (with all due respect SuperCoach). But that's what makes us all different VFII-17 because I would be really p1ssed if everyone bought Spitfire and I was just one of the crowd. And yeah if it was a choice between LMF and JG, it would be a no-brainer for me :)

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I'm not a huge fan of the Sports Armour either, but if the colour of the LMF starts looking bad then I may get one to cover it. I have seen around 3 of them last month (on a white and silver and blue VFII's) and they didn't look too bad.

View attachment 191169
If you mean you'd add it if you scratched it then yeah that's probably a good idea.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Yes, I realised it was the engine cover and not the car colour. That's a good idea regarding spraying the current engine cover, as I know a couple of spray painters.
No way I would spend $ on the Holden accessory because IMO the under bonnet experience is really lack lustre these days. There's not much that gives an indication of V8 at all with that boring (IMO) plastic cover. The 5 litre Aussie V8 I had in my Clubsport and Statesman looked neat with real metal induction tubing and separate valve covers for each bank. Now that's what a V8 should look like!
5l V8 VS.jpg

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also sorry but I have to agree - I like most greens but Jungle Green never did it for me because IMO it lacked character (with all due respect SuperCoach). But that's what makes us all different VFII-17 because I would be really p1ssed if everyone bought Spitfire and I was just one of the crowd. And yeah if it was a choice between LMF and JG, it would be a no-brainer for me :)

So the no brainer is LMF? ;) I loved SuperCoach's JG with all the black trimmings (respect) and I always loved green in a Commodore/Kingswood/Torana/Monaro. My friend had a Kermit green Kingswood that I loved, a similar colour to the SG.

Again, I state that colour is subjective and everyone has a choice and preference to the colour they choose and like, whether it be on the road or a car they own. LMF was not the my first preference, but it is bold and SG is bolder. I fell in love with the first SOAG I saw in a showroom, until the dealer quoted me a ridiculous price. Thank you to him, I decided to change my colour and purchase an LMF elsewhere literally the next day, and much cheaper! When I first flicking through the colours to a friend of mine, she first looked at the LMF and said "that's hideous" - I hadn't told her I had already purchased it. A few weeks later I told her I purchased a car, show a sample picture of LMF and then said "love it!"

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you mean you'd add it if you scratched it then yeah that's probably a good idea.

Yes, that's what I meant. Or the Mrs is good at scratching her Cruze so maybe I'll add it after she drives my car. My VR Berlina had a black bottom lip that kept getting caught on everything. Just a standard lip that came with the car, and the wasn't lowered or anything.