Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Cusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Wagon 6.0L
Sorry for the radio silence and thanks for the words of support all. I had an apology from the dealer principal and they gave me a SS-V to drive around whilst they were busy finalising the car with the accessories, including the tow bar.

3 1/2 hrs later I picked it up. They still forgot the free tank of fuel and said they'd do the tint on the first service.

The tint is free, and the first two chargeable services they'll do at no charge.

I guess at the end of the day, the car is here, wasn't the greatest experience and a real dropping of the ball. But I've calmed down now and just enjoying the new drive. Keen to put the experience behind me.

I'll get some photos up tomorrow hopefully, but wow, what a car! Where I live has about 20km of winding country roads and the handling and cornering was superb.
Hey mate what a day, plenty of lows but I'm sure the high of driving her home made up for it.... well sort of. Anyway congrats on the car and enjoy it.... can't wait to see the photos.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Hey guys, thanks to our awesome parts guys at my workshop, I received my centre caps today, and still no car to put them on , at least they came in under 150 bucks.
Resized_20170405_083322.jpeg

Last edited:

Cusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Wagon 6.0L
IMG_2418.JPG
Went into the dealer yesterday to see SOAG in the flesh in SSV spec and happen to take my plates. Pretty happy with the look and color.
IMG_2419.JPG

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Good price. How did you get them that cheap for 4?
All comes down to the discount our shop, or anyone else's has with their respective dealerships, in order to encourage sales, dealerships offer certain discounts to each shop that buys off them depending on how much volume they purchase. Our parts guy is one of the best I have seen and gets fantastic discounts from suppliers, which then adds to the bottom line of the business directly. These were purchased through Heartland in Sydney.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
After your initial post I was expecting to see a headline on the evening news "Man goes ballistic in Holden dealership". Lol.
Seriously though, did they give you any sort of explanation as to how they f***ed up so badly?

LOL! Wasn't far off Zero. But look, I remained calm, as I just wanted a solution from this mess. Would do not good to go troppo, which I think they were expecting. I made sure they knew I was disappointed. Mind you, this was after we travelled 70km to the dealership to look at the car on Saturday only to be told "Sorry, it's been locked away at the pre-delivery site". So after all the disappointment, I just wanted a car.

So the problem, as they explained to me, were a few things. Read it for what you will!
1) This was a fleet order being handled by the sales guys. The fleet guy was on hols when I needed to put the deposit down, so I had no choice but to place the order with the sales guys and not with fleet. This caused confusion on who was handling the order. The fleet guy thought it was the sales guys as it was put into the system as such and the sales guys thought it was the fleet guy handling it when he returned to work.

2) Because of the first point, no one reached out to me about finalising factory options. I called them on the day I thought the deadline was due and it was then a mad scramble to get the factory fitted options on. In this case the wheels and spoiler. Someone during this process they had 2 separate orders going. One with the factory options and accessories and one without. And of course, which one did they refer to when delivering the car? Yep, the first one that had no accessories to be fitted.

3) So the delivery manager saw that there was nothing to be done on the car, so picking it up Wednesday wasn't going to be an issue when speaking to them on Monday. But when the sales guy who was involved in the process was doing a check that everything was on there and it wasn't, that's when I got the call and why I got a call so late in the piece.

So that's the "apparent" story. To be honest, it really doesn't surprise me. My train and bus fares only cost me $7, I overlooked being reimbursed for something less than a $10 note. They put me in an Auto SS-V that I fanged around in for a few hours and caught up with some friends in the area whilst they busily put all the dealer fitted options on, including Towbar and I was back at the dealership 3 hours later to pick up. They had actually already started fitting everything once they realised things were missing before 1pm.

So that's the story! Tinting couldn't get done, that will be done at first service in a couple of weeks, and I didn't get the full tank of fuel they promised, again, I'll get that at first service.

For now, I have her and I'm very happy with her :)

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
Hey @Cusch,

Just thought I'd send a quick pic of the front of the car with the sports armour. To be honest, I reckon it looks pretty good and not out of place at all.

IMG_8742.jpg

Cusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Wagon 6.0L
LOL! Wasn't far off Zero. But look, I remained calm, as I just wanted a solution from this mess. Would do not good to go troppo, which I think they were expecting. I made sure they knew I was disappointed. Mind you, this was after we travelled 70km to the dealership to look at the car on Saturday only to be told "Sorry, it's been locked away at the pre-delivery site". So after all the disappointment, I just wanted a car.

So the problem, as they explained to me, were a few things. Read it for what you will!
1) This was a fleet order being handled by the sales guys. The fleet guy was on hols when I needed to put the deposit down, so I had no choice but to place the order with the sales guys and not with fleet. This caused confusion on who was handling the order. The fleet guy thought it was the sales guys as it was put into the system as such and the sales guys thought it was the fleet guy handling it when he returned to work.

2) Because of the first point, no one reached out to me about finalising factory options. I called them on the day I thought the deadline was due and it was then a mad scramble to get the factory fitted options on. In this case the wheels and spoiler. Someone during this process they had 2 separate orders going. One with the factory options and accessories and one without. And of course, which one did they refer to when delivering the car? Yep, the first one that had no accessories to be fitted.

3) So the delivery manager saw that there was nothing to be done on the car, so picking it up Wednesday wasn't going to be an issue when speaking to them on Monday. But when the sales guy who was involved in the process was doing a check that everything was on there and it wasn't, that's when I got the call and why I got a call so late in the piece.

So that's the "apparent" story. To be honest, it really doesn't surprise me. My train and bus fares only cost me $7, I overlooked being reimbursed for something less than a $10 note. They put me in an Auto SS-V that I fanged around in for a few hours and caught up with some friends in the area whilst they busily put all the dealer fitted options on, including Towbar and I was back at the dealership 3 hours later to pick up. They had actually already started fitting everything once they realised things were missing before 1pm.

So that's the story! Tinting couldn't get done, that will be done at first service in a couple of weeks, and I didn't get the full tank of fuel they promised, again, I'll get that at first service.

For now, I have her and I'm very happy with her :)
Fair story you have there mate. As I said earlier at least you have her now. How did you go with the Sports Armour? Did they put that on? Happy with the way it looks? Cheers