Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Here are some pics of the ride, she's a little dusty today, probably not the ideal day for it. Best quality I could get for now.

Looks beaut mate! Pity about the roads you have to drive on though, it would make keeping it immaculate quite tough.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
Looks beaut mate! Pity about the roads you have to drive on though, it would make keeping it immaculate quite tough.

Fear not! This was the quietest road I could find that was closest to home. It'll never go on that road again, I reckon I was doing 5kph! lol

Otherwise it's all mostly freeway driving *phew*

Cusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Wagon 6.0L
I'll be doing some photos today mate. Lack of daylight savings hasn't been kind to me and it get's dark by the time I get home. And yes, got the T43 wing. When driving, it obstructs the rear window view quite a bit, but looks wise, it's hands down better looking than the lip spoiler. You'll see today.
Thanks mate really appreciate it!!!

Cusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Wagon 6.0L
Here are some pics of the ride, she's a little dusty today, probably not the ideal day for it. Best quality I could get for now.

Looks the goods mate and we thanks for posting the photos. I'm still not sure on the wing as I don't mind the subtle look. Decisions decisions..... congrats again.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Pics of my Ute that was built on Wed.

Also have a redline sedan going down the line today..
Awesome pics there mate!
As far as the regular assembly pics that people are getting - can anyone tell me if they are available for the SS or just the Redline?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
The production line pics are being taken for all MY17 builds apparently. The Ute arrived at FTGH today.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
The production line pics are being taken for all MY17 builds apparently. The Ute arrived at FTGH today.
Hey that will be great if I can get production pics of my SS wagon; for some reason I thought it may have just been Redlines. Nevertheless to think that these are likely to be the last pics of any cars ever to be made in Australia is particularly significant - Aussie automotive manufacturing history coming to an end is still hard to fathom for me. Not sure that too many of us will ever sell these vehicles in years to come but it would mean typically only be enthusiasts likely to be interested and to be able to provide a build pic as part of the sale vcertainly adds value.

Is this your first ute btw?

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE

Good evening TheBman, the car looks great, fingers crossed ours won't have to touch dirt roads either, I love the look of the ride height on your car, just from your pics it looks just that bit lower than every Vf2 Redline, or other I have seen in the metal, sorry if you have answered this before... Is it stock ride height?

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
Good evening TheBman, the car looks great, fingers crossed ours won't have to touch dirt roads either, I love the look of the ride height on your car, just from your pics it looks just that bit lower than every Vf2 Redline, or other I have seen in the metal, sorry if you have answered this before... Is it stock ride height?

Hey @Redline 2017! Thanks for the comments :)

Standard ride height buddy. Actually, I'm more angled to keeping this as stock car as possible outside of the factory and dealer fitted options. It could be because the back of the car was sitting ever so slightly down in the natural gutter of the road, so it may give the illusion it's lowered.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Hey @Redline 2017! Thanks for the comments :)

Standard ride height buddy. Actually, I'm more angled to keeping this as stock car as possible outside of the factory and dealer fitted options. It could be because the back of the car was sitting ever so slightly down in the natural gutter of the road, so it may give the illusion it's lowered.
Hey bman, my thoughts are the same, I am not really keen on changing anything unless it's a straight bolt on bolt off set up, ( at the moment anyway, hard to rule out a supercharged set up after being in a 1000 horsepower redline lol but that would be years away) the ride height seems to be the only contentious issue I have now, I want the supple handling and awesome factory grip, and power down they come with I am just a little perturbed about the somewhat 4wd look they can have, the vf redlines I have test driven, walked around, and worked on, just seem to be that tad high, yours looks nicely balanced though.