Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Facts? Where?
The valuation of the Torana (by Mr Fritz), which is what started all this was calculated correctly in my post above using historical CPI figures from the Reserve Bank of Australia, and the projection of the future value of the MSE was done accordingly. The mathematical figures quoted can be looked up on the RBA's inflation calculation website and as such constitute verifiable fact.

Trust me, I know, I considered buying the fùcking car myself.

uc

Imagine a world where we all put our "opinions" forward in such "colourful" terms as your good self. All the while justying the behaviour, for the betterment of all in this virtual land of free speach. I think I'd swap my MSE for a Prado and go bush.
It's hardly surprising there are a few MSE fans in this thread, given the title. Opposing views are fine. So are other cars. Personally, I like something from nearly every stable. My Profile name and pic may hint towards that?

Opposing opinions for the greater good hey? Here's an analogy for you. Let's assume you have a female partner. Then, let's assume you are not misanthropic towards her also. You're at a pub with your partner. Some loudmouth says "Your wife is a fugly fat stinking ho Stig. In fact all Aussie women are. Used German women are cheaper and sexier than your fat beatch". Would you accept that as an opposing opinion?Yhen calmy debaye the point. Or would you call it out as an assault on someone you give a stuff about, and punch the wankers headlights out? I wonder?

Monstar has asked me nicely to leave, and I shall. But I need to set the record straight before I go.

I like Commodores, I've owned a few and still own one. I don't like VF's, VN's or VL Walkinshaws.

And as you've brought it up, I need to retort to your amazingly hypothetical situation....

You're analogy is a stretch at best, the internet is as you yourself pointed out, virtual, and for the most part anonymous. As such people behave differently as a general rule than they do in physical company. But that's not to say that spirited discussion can't take place without dire consequence in either realm.

I thank-you for your generous assumptions, I do indeed have a female partner, and my misanthropy does not extend to her.

In the unlikely event I was to find myself in a "pub" with said partner in the situation you describe, I'd certainly accept your protagonist's opposing point of view. I would then have but to laugh at the poor fellow's misfortune. Because, believe you me, I wouldn't mess with her under any circumstance, I've been on the wrong side of that equation once before, and I pity any poor soul who makes the same mistake.

And on that note, I bid this thread farewell.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Agree, if we had got 340kws at 570 torq we would be all happy and the knockers would be silent, truth is the 570 torq is equal to the 340 HSV s from 2015, will I ever use 304kw ? NO, will I feel the pull of 570torq, ? .........you bet I / we will, and when we go hard into and out of corners that break power and torq will be gold....... I'm happy with my LE model, easy to buy power, buying real limited editions ? Not so much.
570nm is standard for all LS3's, whatever tune, 304, 317, 325 + 340kws.

Torque is 'managed' in the tune.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
You're at a pub with your partner. Some loudmouth says "Your wife is a fugly fat stinking ho.

Come on Cuda be fair and leave my wife out of this thread, she doesn't even like cars.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’ve never bought a car for myself to please someone else so it nice to be on a forum where you know the owners are passionate and purchasing cars that are going to homes where they’ll be loved and appreciated.

There’s nothing wrong with these limited edition cars, in fact from the photos I’ve seen posted they’re quite cool with plenty of nice extras to go with those stickers and if I’d been in the market for a new car I wouldn’t have hesitated to snatch one.

There’s also nothing wrong with someone coming on to voice an opinion which may not flow with the owners but voicing an opinion then harping on about it is just plain tiresome if not antagonistic.

If you have to keep repeating yourself or talk up your own rides in a thread celebrating a different make of vehicle then is says much about insecurity and attention seeking then offering constructive input.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
570nm is standard for all LS3's, whatever tune, 304, 317, 325 + 340kws.
Torque is 'managed' in the tune.
No, the LS3 torque output is not standardised across all cars or model variants. For example Camaro engine starts at 569 Nm, Corvette is 575 Nm, with optional exhaust is 580 Nm.
It is however correct to state the engine’s protection parameters are kind of standardised and that the torque rpm peak doesn’t change.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The valuation of the Torana (by Mr Fritz), which is what started all this was calculated correctly in my post above using historical CPI figures from the Reserve Bank of Australia, and the projection of the future value of the MSE was done accordingly. The mathematical figures quoted can be looked up on the RBA's inflation calculation website and as such constitute verifiable fact.

Trust me, I know, I considered buying the fùcking car myself.

uc

Monstar has asked me nicely to leave, and I shall. But I need to set the record straight before I go.

I like Commodores, I've owned a few and still own one. I don't like VF's, VN's or VL Walkinshaws.

And as you've brought it up, I need to retort to your amazingly hypothetical situation....

You're analogy is a stretch at best, the internet is as you yourself pointed out, virtual, and for the most part anonymous. As such people behave differently as a general rule than they do in physical company. But that's not to say that spirited discussion can't take place without dire consequence in either realm.

I thank-you for your generous assumptions, I do indeed have a female partner, and my misanthropy does not extend to her.

In the unlikely event I was to find myself in a "pub" with said partner in the situation you describe, I'd certainly accept your protagonist's opposing point of view. I would then have but to laugh at the poor fellow's misfortune. Because, believe you me, I wouldn't mess with her under any circumstance, I've been on the wrong side of that equation once before, and I pity any poor soul who makes the same mistake.

And on that note, I bid this thread farewell.
Hahaha Bravo. Sorry to see you go The Stig.
Well there you go. I learned something new an confirmed my initial thoughts all at once. You ain't no misanthrope...
There's s virtual pub around here somewhere. I might see you there one day. You can tell me more about this 200mph German, and I'll tell you how much better the MSE is. I just hope your scary partner isn't with you.
Auf wiedersehen.

Last edited:

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Good to see you guys hugging it out and making up. Stig please stay this thread needs prodding every now and then. Lots of people posting their new MSEs on the FB group but this thread has gotten quiet. Nearing August, must be close to Director season, can't wait to see those rolling off the line.