Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standstills

MrPaddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hi,

Firstly, I’ve tried searching for a thread but can not find one to help my situation.

I have a VE 2009 Commodore international.

My problem is, i cannot do a standstill burnout? It’s auto, 6 speed, and I’ve tried everything under the sun even mates lifting the back of the car to give the car a bit of spin.

I’ve even tried taking the abs module out and that only helps with doing loops in the wet, the car won’t even do loops in the dry? Not only that when I go to steer it one way to do a drift in the wet, the tyres slide in a corner direction and make a rough feel and noise like I’m braking hard turning when I’m not?

Could anybody tell me the issue? Could my Commodore need a tune to take some restrictions out? Help would be appreciated.

Note: all skids and loops are done on private property!

MrPaddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Also forgot to mention, I’ve tried in drive, sports mode and manual on the triptronic

MrPaddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Also, in park revs go as high as you want, but in drive with the foot on the brake, the revs only go to 2 grand max

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I have heard of abuse mode on VE's, but have never witnessed it personally, because the VE's I have seen have had no trouble pulling standstills lol even a stock VE1 GTS. So it has me stumped on when/how this Abuse mode kicks in

Last edited:

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
This is a 3.0 right?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I better not comment here. LOL.