Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning SV6 price

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
dare say it would sound alright on a high revving engine like a V12 or hot 4, but a V6 Alloytec? Yeah, nah

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Ah miss the carbie days. Key pops past the pub on a Friday afternoon. Bloody computers, now it costs a $1,000 tune and it's not as loud.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Ah miss the carbie days. Key pops past the pub on a Friday afternoon. Bloody computers, now it costs a $1,000 tune and it's not as loud.
And then having no money to replace the muffler when it peeled open so then your going to scrap yards going to dodge a new one in haha

Last edited:

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Amd then havimg nomoney to replace the muffler when it peeled open so then your going to scrap yards going to dodge a new one in haha
Haha, yeah I remember those days lol. Spot on

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
tuner on the Gold Coast
You'll likely have to go to Brisbane, the Alloytec ECU is not particularly popular with the normal Falcodore tuners or the HP Tuners suite, so they're few and far between, and finding a good one that actually has long term Alloytec experience outside of "yeah I can probably do that" is even more difficult.

The only one off the top of my head that would do it in Brissy is GOAT Performance. I've never used them so I can't comment on whether they're good or bad, but they've sold and tuned Alloytec turbo kits for years so you'd expect them to have a decent amount of Alloytec tuning experience. But yeah, price, anywhere from $700 to $1200, it's a little more variable than a standard LS tune as it's uncommon.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
But yeah, price, anywhere from $700 to $1200, it's a little more variable than a standard LS tune as it's uncommon.
That's almost the price of a new chain with labour... Not cheap

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Probably just take the mufflers off it OP.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Heavy Duty Motorsports in Oxley (Brisbane)

They dabble in all commodores, know there way around the Alloytec and are reasonably priced. Have not used them for a tune yet (soon in future) but for other work I have had them do, I was very happy with.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
That's almost the price of a new chain with labour... Not cheap
Pretty standard, even for LS tunes and most other cars depending on who you go to and where you live.