Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No, just no.
You can try and charge your tesla at your home, but in a certain amount of time the battery will expire. Then at this time you will want to commit suicide at the rape price they want for a battery.
Oh and these days you need a code to make parts work, so you cant just grab a second hand part, YaY elon is launching rockets, yet sticking his finger up your arse.

Funny thing is, Elon didn't come up with that idea, other auto makers did, making it very difficult for owners to do anything on their own cars.

You also assume battery technology will not advance or that as it becomes more common it will become cheaper.

I'd sure love to have your crystal ball, you seem to have all the answers. Surprised you're not rich beyond the most wild dreams with what you seem to know!

BTW, do you happen to know the warranty period on a current model Tesla?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just last week Trump managed to scrape together the $91.6 million bond in his effort to appeal the E. Jean Carroll defamation case, which he then immediatelly put at risk of a third defamation suit when he proceeded at two public events that weekend to repeat every one of the statements he was found guilty of in that recently lost defamation suit.

The loser just keeps losing, it's what losers do.

Isn't that how gamblers win, always double down?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Funny thing is, Elon didn't come up with that idea, other auto makers did, making it very difficult for owners to do anything on their own cars.

You also assume battery technology will not advance or that as it becomes more common it will become cheaper.

I'd sure love to have your crystal ball, you seem to have all the answers. Surprised you're not rich beyond the most wild dreams with what you seem to know!

BTW, do you happen to know the warranty period on a current model Tesla?

Battery energy density is nearing the limit.
It's kind of analogous to Moore's law, in that there is a physical limit to transistor size, in the same way, there is a physical limit we can stuff, chemical energy into a box.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Battery energy density is nearing the limit.
It's kind of analogous to Moore's law, in that there is a physical limit to transistor size, in the same way, there is a physical limit we can stuff, chemical energy into a box.

The physical limitations of energy storage don’t have a lot to do with the cost of the battery. Production methods, economies of scale and the cost of the raw materials (lithium, cobalt, nickel, etc) have a lot more to do with it.

The biggest lithium battery maker is already claiming there will be a 50% price reduction on battery cells this year, which will flow through to EV and home battery prices.

https://theconversation.com/a-batte...n-make-electric-cars-cheaper-heres-how-225165

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The physical limitations of energy storage don’t have a lot to do with the cost of the battery. Production methods, economies of scale and the cost of the raw materials (lithium, cobalt, nickel, etc) have a lot more to do with it.

The biggest lithium battery maker is already claiming there will be a 50% price reduction on battery cells this year, which will flow through to EV and home battery prices.

https://theconversation.com/a-batte...n-make-electric-cars-cheaper-heres-how-225165

Yea because Indonesia is supplying nickel at cheaper prices, as that is still a metal in lithium batteries, plus there is likely lithium price drops.
Still though 50% going from 30k a replacement battery to 15k is still too much, I bet the actual price drop would be less as a lot of the cost in battery replacement is shipping and storage, so maybe 30k drop to 22k?

It still makes resale on a EV a joke.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yea because Indonesia is supplying nickel at cheaper prices, as that is still a metal in lithium batteries, plus there is likely lithium price drops.

Lithium and nickel have had some pretty steep price drops last year, not sure about cobalt as I don’t really follow pricing on that mineral. No doubt that’s a decent factor in CATL‘s price reduction prediction.

Still though 50% going from 30k a replacement battery to 15k is still too much, I bet the actual price drop would be less as a lot of the cost in battery replacement is shipping and storage, so maybe 30k drop to 22k?

Depends on the battery chemistry. Pretty sure the 30k batteries will nearly all be NMC batteries so they are more expensive to produce due to using nickel manganese and cobalt (along with lithium).

LiFePo batteries are quite a bit cheaper as they use iron and phosphate in place of the nickel, manganese and cobalt but aren’t as energy dense (as with everything in life there is always a tradeoff).

It still makes resale on a EV a joke.

Resale prices on EVs are as bad (or worse) as the prestige German marques like BMW, Mercedes from what I’ve heard. Buy a German EV and watch your money burn. :eek:

I suppose on the plus side it gets people into EVs who want one but can’t afford a new one. Personally I don’t want one but that goes for all new cars.

I’m not signing up for their tech shitfuckery of locking you into their ecosystem to get screwed on a regular basis and their stupid safety tech annoying the shite out of you.

Reactions: Lex

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It looks like slowly one by one the lying cockroaches are being weeded out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Noticed how these Trump supporters fail to post things like this up

As for me, both Trump and Biden are a pair of idiots and couldn't careless what happens to either of them

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride