Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I wasn’t aware that NZ was the whole world.

No, but some European countries are dropping funding of various sorts.
So it appears to be a trend.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
He does have some good ideas/opinions but a fair bit of his stuff is just outlandish. Have watched a few of his interviews in the past as I like to have a broad perspective and make my own mind up on things.

I've never watched him, I've just seen some videos that covered a little of his stuff.
I actually listen to more centrist stuff, as it may surprise you, but I'm not conservative and I'm not really a right winger.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's interesting that some people can't go a day without tipping alcohol down their throats.

Alcohol was considered "essential" during covid because they were worried if it was cut off there would be a lot of family violence etc. Rather sad fact.

You teetotalling wowser.

Sad fact is, if you cut off alcohol then meth amphetamine use will likely increase.

You know, I don't smoke, but I don't go around telling people they shouldn't, I rarely gamble, I don't go around telling people they shouldn't.
You haven't directly called for no drinking, but you seem to support any measure that stops people from drinking.
Maybe you should just mind your business when it comes to other people's lives.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
MAGA is a typical ‘Trump truth’, a double-speak that actually means something different. He probably really means ‘Make Trump Great Again’.

So all the projects he started in the US that were trying to make America better were all for Trump?

You better get to the doctor, you may have got Trump derangement syndrome.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You teetotalling wowser.

Sad fact is, if you cut off alcohol then meth amphetamine use will likely increase.

You know, I don't smoke, but I don't go around telling people they shouldn't, I rarely gamble, I don't go around telling people they shouldn't.
You haven't directly called for no drinking, but you seem to support any measure that stops people from drinking.
Maybe you should just mind your business when it comes to other people's lives.

LOL ok.

I don't drink most of the time, it does not mean I don't have the odd drink. I can't drink beer, it makes me sick literally with even small amounts, why drink something that makes you sick? Seems pointless.

And it's not about taking away alcohol increases the use of drugs. It's sad fact many people need alcohol, they are dependent on it. Never heard of alcoholics?

I don't care if people drink, but I do care if they drink and drive and all the consequences that come from it, same with drugs and driving or using drugs to get through a shift at work. We've seen what that causes.

Alcohol causes major hardship on a daily basis, with the lowering of the drinking age and extended hours at night clubs you should see the mess in town in the wee hours and all these metrics got worse with longer hours and lower drinking age.

You know that smoking kills right? You also know that alcohol does the same thing ,especially when consumed in large amounts? You know that alcohol is addictive?

My father inlaw is a functioning alcoholic, I see what that **** does to peoples lives.

I've lived in neighbourhoods where I've seen people choose alcohol and drugs over feeding and clothing their kids/toddlers so please don't try and pontificate on the virtues of alcohol because there are no virtues when it's causing very real harms on society every day costing the tax payer a small fortune.

Just imagine all the time cops would have if they weren't dealing with drunks and drink drivers, they could be sorting out real crime.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So all the projects he started in the US that were trying to make America better were all for Trump?

You better get to the doctor, you may have got Trump derangement syndrome.

Can you please show some of these projects or actual results rather than just bluster.

You talk the talk but never show any actual proof of what you say so the word are rather hollow.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I actually wish they would put us all on RUC instead of excise tax. They need to re-work it a bit as it was only designed for diesel vehicles with weights over 3500kg initially. They need to add some lower weight classes and then put all vehicles on it. The system is much fairer as it's based on vehicle weight and number of tires on the road which contributes directly to road wear and tear rather than how much fuel you burn doing it.

Would be a lot fairer than most of the current systems being used. Here in QLD we pay registration based on cylinders, so my rego costs more than a lot of the far heavier four and six cylinder SUV/dual cab utes purely because it’s a V8.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Can you please show some of these projects or actual results rather than just bluster.

You talk the talk but never show any actual proof of what you say so the word are rather hollow.

Off the top of my head, the wall.
There was also the northern pipeline.