Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VN Lexcen is gone

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
photos

Here it is.

Attachments

• 100_3480.JPG
    100_3480.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_3481.JPG
    100_3481.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_3482.JPG
    100_3482.JPG
    507.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_3487.JPG
    100_3487.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_3488.JPG
    100_3488.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 123

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bullbar

doesnt look too bad mate!

but that is one haggard bullbar!

Haggard? Do you mean it looks rough and tatty, damaged or just too big? I am planning on cleaning it up. It looks a bit too big to me actually and the side steps don't help the clearance but are handy when you are short.
It has big sloppy welds on it as well.

Does it look lifted to you in the photos?

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
the bullbar is huge haha.

did that originally come from a mack? :p

nah just stirrin. but it could do with a makeover. (the bullbar, obviously)..

EDIT: its hard to tell whether it is lifted or not.. it looks to have oldmanemu shocks but thats only judging by the colour.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bullbar

the bullbar is huge haha.

did that originally come from a mack? :p

nah just stirrin. but it could do with a makeover. (the bullbar, obviously)..

EDIT: its hard to tell whether it is lifted or not.. it looks to have oldmanemu shocks but thats only judging by the colour.

Mack or Kenworth, can't quite remember.

Is your V6 stock? If so how does it go, from bush crawling to highway travel?

I'm hatching plans already. If I get lucky and get money owed to me soon I can get my hands on an unlic rearended V6 Pajero for $600. The complete driveline is supposedly in good condition. The rear tyres are no good whilst the fronts are only two months old.
Would be a great source of parts.
The other option is putting a cam in the current motor, installing extractors and a Weber carby. This brings the power up equal to a V6 (approx 104kW) so people say. I have been told this by a few people at different places so it may be true but 26kWs from just those mods is a lot.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Nice lookin rig. At least the big ass bullbar doesnt have the usless bar that some bullbars have running under them. Those bits only get in your way when your in the steep stuff.
Looking at the pics I would have to say that I think it is kifted a bit. The torsion bars have definately been wound, you can tell by the front sitting higher than the rear. Because of the side step it makes it hard to judge the floor height, but I think it is lifted. Where the leafsprings meet the body there would be extended shackles if the rear is lifted. If your not sure get under there with your camera and put up a pic of the back leaf spring and ill tell ya.

The v6s are an awsome donk off road, plenty of poke when in low range. On road it was real good up untill I put the big tyres on, now I have to rev the guts out of it to keep up with traffic but its done 350000ks and still goin.

Finally, unless your going to use all the v6 running gear if your going to get another for parts itll be no good for you. The v6 and 4cyl transfercases, gearboxes etc are completely different (unfortunately)
The most common v6 conversion is the 3.8 conversion. Masses of power over the mitsu engines and not really that expensive to do.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6

Nice lookin rig. At least the big ass bullbar doesnt have the usless bar that some bullbars have running under them. Those bits only get in your way when your in the steep stuff.
Looking at the pics I would have to say that I think it is kifted a bit. The torsion bars have definately been wound, you can tell by the front sitting higher than the rear. Because of the side step it makes it hard to judge the floor height, but I think it is lifted. Where the leafsprings meet the body there would be extended shackles if the rear is lifted. If your not sure get under there with your camera and put up a pic of the back leaf spring and ill tell ya.

The v6s are an awsome donk off road, plenty of poke when in low range. On road it was real good up untill I put the big tyres on, now I have to rev the guts out of it to keep up with traffic but its done 350000ks and still goin.

Finally, unless your going to use all the v6 running gear if your going to get another for parts itll be no good for you. The v6 and 4cyl transfercases, gearboxes etc are completely different (unfortunately)
The most common v6 conversion is the 3.8 conversion. Masses of power over the mitsu engines and not really that expensive to do.

If I get the money whilst the V6 is still available I would transfer everything over except the diffs. I assume the diffs are the same.
I would have to build a new shed to house the diffs, body and interior parts though as my current 3x3 is full already.
I have a look at the pricing for a conversion kit for the 3.8 also.

Thinking of what this car cost me, Lexcen : $600 + $30.00 (CAS) + $60 (rims & tyres) = $690

Pajero: $690 (lexcen) - $1200 (received) + $350 (quote for exhaust) + $10 for a second spare (with 80% tyre from the recycling centre at the tip) + $50 (two mirrors) + $210 (if I buy a new starter motor) = $110

I think $110 is a pretty bloody good price for both of these cars.

Last edited: