Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 Nissan GTR Unveiled...

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I reckon it looks great.

I'd take one over any Corvette or HSV simply because of the technology and engineering thats been put into it, and not to mention far superior build quality.

Would give the 911 Turbo a run for its money!

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
V6??? thats stupid, i reakon they shoulda stayed with tha inline, v6 is jus guna b like a ramped up 350z, takes tha skyline'ness' away from it!!
They couldn't the inline wouldn't pass emissions. It's almost a 20 year old engine. Since the R34, emissions laws got a lot tighter in japan, hence why they made the move to the v6 with the V35.
Personally I wouldn't be fussed when it runs 11.7 standard :D

Awesome car, I wish I had the dosh I'd get one in an instant.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Post seems to have not gone through last night...Anyway.

Exterior Styling - Not a big fan of the jagged edges or general shape.

Interior - Plastics looks cheap an tacky and the steering wheel is waaaaay too cluttered.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
They couldn't the inline wouldn't pass emissions. It's almost a 20 year old engine. Since the R34, emissions laws got a lot tighter in japan, hence why they made the move to the v6 with the V35.
Personally I wouldn't be fussed when it runs 11.7 standard :D

Awesome car, I wish I had the dosh I'd get one in an instant.

On the same not if a big twin turbo cannot run under 12's i'd be questioning it. Again though, you could charge a new GTS, do a few suspension mods and you have yourself a faster track car as well as straight line car and still spend less. The Skyline really isn't that impressive anymore.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Don't like the look of it, but the performance is fantastic. Interested to know when you down shift how responsive it is.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I rather Skyline than GTS.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
On the same not if a big twin turbo cannot run under 12's i'd be questioning it. Again though, you could charge a new GTS, do a few suspension mods and you have yourself a faster track car as well as straight line car and still spend less. The Skyline really isn't that impressive anymore.
You can spend 20 grand on a rotor and get sub 10's. In a piece of junk car.

I think its a bit of a stretch comparing a GTS to a GTR, completely different markets. The GTR is a thoroughbred sports car. The GTS is a family car with sports at heart.

Horses for courses, but there aren't many mass produced production cars that run sub 12's. Sure you can spend however much you want on another car to get it there, its completely different to it rolling off the factory line though.

A VE GTS is $77000 or thereabouts. Assuming based on conversion rates, the GTR will be around $90,000. I know what I'd prefer if I was looking for a sports car, whether we care to admit it, the build quality for the japs is exceptional in comparison to australia.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

I think its a bit of a stretch comparing a GTS to a GTR, completely different markets. The GTR is a thoroughbred sports car. The GTS is a family car with sports at heart.

Horses for courses, but there aren't many mass produced production cars that run sub 12's. Sure you can spend however much you want on another car to get it there, its completely different to it rolling off the factory line though.

A VE GTS is $77000 or thereabouts. Assuming based on conversion rates, the GTR will be around $90,000. I know what I'd prefer if I was looking for a sports car, whether we care to admit it, the build quality for the japs is exceptional in comparison to australia.

I have to agree there.

I rather two door than a four door. For some people two door cars are just not practical and thats when the GTS or a sports sedan comes in.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

I much prefer the look of the Aussie Built V8 over the weird crazy japanese look. I have heard these will sell for around 110k here in AU. The GTS you can make fast and take wifey and 3 kids to church on sunday, the nissan you can take your boyfriend down chapel st trying to look cool...

For me, the GTS wins, has so much more style then this funny out of synch design. Its just my opinion though. Give me an NA or charged 8 over a turbo 6 any day.