Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another embarrasment for holden

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
its weird cos the VZ's have the same problem with the canister purge hose splitting and causing a fuel smell... which is the same purge hose that they are now moving on the VE's...
and trust me there is more than 3 recalls..... but more so with the first few thousand that were sold to the public

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
i think it happen's with the first run of every new range
a fair few teething problem's with the vn and vr,vt,vy and now the ve
and let's not mention ford........EA anyone?
at least they have the ball's to admit it and fix the problem before the new headline's are HOLDEN BUILDING DEATH TRAPS!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
They say 20 cars have allready had a leak, this early on that's alot so it really does need fixing

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
i think it happen's with the first run of every new range
a fair few teething problem's with the vn and vr,vt,vy and now the ve
and let's not mention ford........EA anyone?
at least they have the ball's to admit it and fix the problem before the new headline's are HOLDEN BUILDING DEATH TRAPS!

Soap Box Time

I love it when holden people immediatly point the finger at the opposition to make their case look better. I am sorry but it is stupid.

Holden have been using this engine package for a while now (VZ) so why shouldn't the customer expect better engineering from holden.

Holden made it plainly clear that the billion dollar baby would take on the world in regards to bang for buck and quality. Now they are telling us that they have an issue with the VE using the same engine as the last model.

You would think that with all the testing that goes on that issues would be picked up sooner, or does that make us beta testers. I am sorry but this is unacceptable for something that carries my wife and kids.

People who look at the other brands as a defence make me sick because what if someone dies as a result of a major fault, not real good is it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a FORD supporter, just sick of seeing the same mistakes in aussie built cars over and over.

50LTRv8

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
This is far from an embarasement. It should only be applauded. Media are a pointless part of society these days. There has been no fire...

This recall is nothing major. 19 out of over 86,000 have had the fault and none have caused a fire. That's less than 0.02% affected rate and 0.0% rate of fire from the problem. So statistically, there is hardly any risk of fire. But do the media care? No. They write whatever they want to generate any sort of controversy.

Personally, I reckon there would be plenty times where that sort of failure rate has been deemed acceptable. It's admirable that Holden put out a recall for something so minor.

This is preventative maintenence on Holden's part. And will cost them a f*ckload cause they pay dealers for the warranty work.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Well done to Holden for being big enough to admit to its faults, BEFORE anyone was hurt. Far from embarrasment I recon.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Don't get me wrong, I am not a FORD supporter, just sick of seeing the same mistakes in aussie built cars over and over.

50LTRv8

Its not just aussie car builders. Every car has its problems, many people expect that their brand new car will come off the line perfect and its just not a realistic view. There are problems that are not found in testing and this is just one of those.

I dont want to bring Ford up again but i was reading up on the Ford GT the other day after seeing one here in town. Even an expensive supercar had its problems. Oil leaks from the main seal, faulty steering arms as well as hose problems. So to say its an embarassment for Holden to have a faulty hose where you may or may not be able to smell fuel is just plain stupid.

Its just not cars that have their first release batch problems, look at major companies such as Microsoft and their XBOX and XBOX 360. The first release of these products were riddled with problems that werent foreseen due to a limited time period in testing.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
I stand by my philosophy of never buying the first model in a new series as they always seem to have problems. not just holden either. VN was crap, VT had numbers of problems now the VE. In ford the EA was crap, the AU had heaps of problems. Magna's were the same.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I stand by that as well. With most products. There is always a period where most products are still weining out the issues. Hence why ive waited over a year to buy an XBOX 360, most of the issues have been indentified and well... hopefully resolved or looked at.