Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you do with $10,000 ?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I have a good Idea. Why not give it a custom spray job - nothing over the top, just something different and something that people don't see everyday. Then re-do the interior in leather with custom colour of your choice and a nice sound system to go with that. Not sure whether it will be in the 10k budget. But ask around.

Install scissor doors like the lambos have and you'll be in street commodores magazine in no time. LOL... Plus expect to get girls chasing ya.

OR do some basic bolt up mods to your V6 and convert it to manual, different diff gears etc..

So many thing you can do with 10K.

By the way get some 20"s and drop it on its ass. Oh.. and get those air bags suspension and get it dancing it tune with the music LOL.

I think I better stop......

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
lol atta, i like your style of dreaming, even if it is a bit over the top.

as for is there anything wrong with my car? i currently have a block head, not sure the extent of the damage as yet its running on chemiweld till my money comes through. my front suspension is iffy at best, sometimes i feel as though the body is just gonna roll right off the chassis when i go around a corner. my brakes scream like a 2 year that just lost thier loly pop, my gearbox is in serious need of a service, i have more dings in my bosy than i care to look at, my interior is worn and ****s me every time i see it, my bonnet looks like some fat man jumped on it. my left rear tail light is held in by rust.

thats just the off the top of the head problems, even with them problems i love my car, but the point of the matter is I HATE BEING THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE DRIVING A STOCK COMMODORE! i like to be unique, so take your inbvestment ideas and politely shove them where the sun dont shine, do the same with the dont spend loan money on a car ideas thank you :)

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
ok well since you aint going to invest...

sell your car and collect what ever money you can,

buy a VS calias, do some sort of custom interior, different looking rims, different grill or dual exhaust each side, few engine mods ( but if you want to be different 10k aint going to make it much different to a fair few out there already)

get some air bags

tvs in it

good stezza

it sound like you know what you want to do already so our advice is a bit pointless??

anyways keep us posted on what you do

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
no your advice isnt pointless, cause 10k cant do everything i want to do, so to help me decide where to spend my money ive asked a few friends and now asked here, basically whats my best bang for buck mods.

heres what ive got in mind at this point.

sell my Executive hopefully have 13k to spend.

buy a VS Calais for 5-6k

should leave me with 6-7k

drop it on its guts
shiny new 18's
extractors, 2.5" exhaust
(keep the CAI and High flow filter from mine)
Performance chip
Tint the windows as dark as legally possible
debadge, clean indicators, clear tail lights.
depending how it looks from here, "maybe" body kit
Retrim the interior with something like statesman or senator seats (money allowing of course)

So far i think thats my best bang for buck. just not sure what other sort of mods i can do, maybe a stage 2 shift kit?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
yeh that sounds like a good set up. but imo dont do the clear tail lights, it will loose its calias charm and look like a kitted exec. i wouldnt worry about a body kit if your after bang 4 your buck, the standard kit is smooth and will work well with 18s and lowered.

Shift kit is a good idea too.

now im actually looking forward to you spending the 10k lol. i dont mind the vs calais especially in that deep green colour. WOW

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Yep get a Stage 2 Shift Kit. Oh and forget the clear tail lights, the Calais will already have the nice standard taillights with clear indicators which look way better than the totally clear tail lights. Some clear altezza headlights would look nice though.

Last edited:

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
i just did a bit of a browse on autotrader to get a bit of an idea, and im realy keen for a 97 VS calais thats white/silver with black/woodgrain interior.

im pretty sure if got a calais i wouldnt bother with a body kit, they do look very nice just lowered with the right mags, but what about an SS kit just to make it look lower?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
im pretty sure if got a calais i wouldnt bother with a body kit, they do look very nice just lowered with the right mags, but what about an SS kit just to make it look lower?

Id just stick to the Calais kit, its a really nice looking kit and in my opinion looks better than the SS kit, but hey thats just my opinion.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah vs calais with an ss kit looks real nice. dont get the tail lights though or youll be destroying a calais

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
i know alot of people dont like the clear tail list, but if i think they look good on a light coloured VS, dunno why but ive allways been a fan of them, im after the altezza styled ones i think they are, clear with chrome, not the smokey white ones. also id like some BMW style mirrors ive seen on ebay for $80, seen em on a white VS a few days ago and they look realy cool.