Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXCESSV stereo upgrade in VE SSV

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
trosal:
my mate truely has this stuff to a fine art...soo good and comes naturally to him :bow:

RUN41T:
thanks for the kind words mate.
after previous installs of with and without dynamat of my previous cars it was an easy one to go all out on the dynamat...the difference is huge!

wrx884:
1) boot space
2) to get to my adjustable coilovers
3) as powerful and produce as good of base and normal ones

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
VE HSV Headunit RCA's???

thanks for comments guys

no RCA but waiting on a processor to be released by a certain company that is currently working on them for the VE.

then will have EQ, RCA, etc integration with the factory H/U and all

Hey mate do you know if that is the same with a VE Clubby? (No RCA's on the factory head unit)?

I have 4 150watt RMS MTX 6.5" splits and a 4ch 150watt RMS Alpine amp and a 1000watt RMS 15" MTX sub with 1000watt RMS mono Alpine amp.
I need a high output to RCA converter and I have seen a few but they look like cheap ****, what one are you looking at mate for your SS-V?

Cheers

Danny

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
Looks good, really nice install. :thumbsup:

Gotta love the dynamat makes a huge difference, sounds better and louder and people can't complain that the music is too loud when you drive pass becasue they can't here it.

Last edited:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey mate do you know if that is the same with a VE Clubby? (No RCA's on the factory head unit)?

I have 4 150watt RMS MTX 6.5" splits and a 4ch 150watt RMS Alpine amp and a 1000watt RMS 15" MTX sub with 1000watt RMS mono Alpine amp.
I need a high output to RCA converter and I have seen a few but they look like cheap ****, what one are you looking at mate for your SS-V?

Cheers

Danny
same for clubby too mate...its the VE system full stop

i bit the bullet and couldnt wait as the EQ on the factory deck is farken crap
so i bought a Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2 processor...the best one they have and will be installed on thursday

read up on it at the Rockford site...its a great bit of gear and trust me after all the stereo gear in there without it u will be saying it just aint right
Looks good, really nice install. :thumbsup:

Gotta love the dynamat makes a huge difference, sounds better and louder and people can't complain that the music is too loud when you drive pass becasue they can't here it.
thanks mate...yeah its great...windows up and crank it and u go deaf...everyone on the outside hears very little of it :D

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
Are you running two batteries or just relocated it to the boot, Is it hard to run two battery's or relocate? Thanks

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Are you running two batteries or just relocated it to the boot,

None of the above - all VE's have their battery located in the boot from factory...

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i bit the bullet and couldnt wait as the EQ on the factory deck is farken crap
so i bought a Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2 processor
i dont see how this will improve quality... anyways your thread mate.
nice setup tho.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
None of the above - all VE's have their battery located in the boot from factory...
spot on...VE the battery is in the boot but also have a capacitor which acts like a second battery
i dont see how this will improve quality... anyways your thread mate.
nice setup tho.
wanna explain why it wont?

having fark all tuning capability from the factory headunit which cant be replaced to something that give 31EQ per speaker...thats 4 speakers and also subs...total of 150+EQ adjustments

and the fact it processes the signal coming out of the deck and adjusts it to what it should be before it goes to the amps and then speakers and subs

go read up on it on the Rockford site before u state such a wrong fact

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
the quality from the h/u will not change. all the eq will be doing in altering the frequency response, distorsion and the noise floor will not change.

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Hi,

I have just bought a 2008 VE SS V-Series as well.

I have heard a rumour that there is an amp already somewhere in the boot....is this true??? If so, where the heck is it???

I'll be re-doing the stereo anyway, but just wanting to find that amp and maybe crank the gains a bit to get some more out of the factory setup for the time being.

Also, how much do you think your system setup has cost?

Cheers!