Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VY S Wheels fitment

WisdomFist

I got moves I never use !
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Thanks for all the assistance guys,

I thought that was the case I just wanted to ckeck. I chucked the rimms on last night with no problems. The dust caps were a tight fit, but i took a hammer and flatened them out a little bit.

Here are some pics, now it really need to be lowered. am etting the superlows in the next week or so. Should look good then!

It's hard to beleive this car owes me about $400 all up (including purchase price) untill now.

Here is the before shot

2867189522_04d709ddac.jpg

Here are the after shots

2867184438_87af1a2772.jpg

2866349267_546d7f7fbc.jpg

Last shot is it all done checking tire pressure at the servo.

2867177218_6beda8ae91.jpg

Will keep you update on the next few mods, I am going to fit the CAI today, it looks like the aire box has to be modified and the inlet inlargened for the cai to fit in. Is this usual?

Thanks,

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
yes, i assume you got a vs sc CAI, if so the bos will need to be cut to make way for the bigger inlet, shouldnt be too hard to achieve, if your not competent you can always get one from holden that is pre cut.

WisdomFist

I got moves I never use !
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
yes, i assume you got a vs sc CAI, if so the bos will need to be cut to make way for the bigger inlet, shouldnt be too hard to achieve, if your not competent you can always get one from holden that is pre cut.

Hi Troy,

Thanks mate. I'll break out the dremmel as soon as it stops raining!

Cheers

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Some will have clearance problems with the front grease caps, some won't. Mate's VSIII stato wheels had that problem, my VT SS 17s, VY SS 17s and Starcorp 19s have not had any issues.

Should also point out that you're not allowed to take those grease caps off permanently, they are required by law to prevent **** getting in there and prematurely wearing out your wheel bearings.

edit: just read the thread further.. looks good with those wheels mate, better than I thought it would :) You did the right thing with the grease caps too - that was probably the best option.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Some will have clearance problems with the front grease caps, some won't. Mate's VSIII stato wheels had that problem, my VT SS 17s, VY SS 17s and Starcorp 19s have not had any issues.

Should also point out that you're not allowed to take those grease caps off permanently, they are required by law to prevent **** getting in there and prematurely wearing out your wheel bearings.

edit: just read the thread further.. looks good with those wheels mate, better than I thought it would :) You did the right thing with the grease caps too - that was probably the best option.
This issue is more so with HSV center caps, the Holden ones are different. Also I doubt that it is illigal to not have dust caps on.......

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Terribly sorry but it is, I had one missing and was told on numerous occasions that they MUST be fitted. Probably no damage will result but just a word of warning.

I haven't had any HSV centre caps but the VS3 stato wheels had those big clip-on dress caps over the entire wheel nut area, they wouldn't clip on. So my point stands, some wheels you'll have trouble with, some wheels you won't. The only way to really tell is to try them and find out. ;)

VNHeartache

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
Put VZ 16" wheels on mine - dust caps bent the wheel centre caps a bit and they're tight but they fit. I concur with savage1987 that you HAVE to leave the bearing dust caps on, it's a safety issue to keep the wheel bearings protected.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yay :) someone knows.
On a car running stockies I would say yeah for sure, but the center cap covers the bearing any way so nothing is getting in there.