Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strut brace

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
How did you measure this?

Reaper

I did a before and after drive and the "feeling" was there was less body roll. I'm sure an adjustable brace would be better but a genuine strut brace is better than nothing.

No I didn't have any instrument showing yaw rates etc (its a VZ not a R35 GT-R after all!) but there was a difference.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Thought I might add some pics since there are none in here at the moment. Remember for this mod you will need the strut brace and 4 nuts. I apologise for the filthiness of my car...

P9210119.jpg

P9210120.jpg

P9210121.jpg

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
SWEETTTT!!!! looks good

Thought I might add some pics since there are none in here at the moment. Remember for this mod you will need the strut brace and 4 nuts. I apologise for the filthiness of my car...

Pics removed from quote

Last edited by a moderator:

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
for everyone who is saying that a strut brace does NOTHING i cannot understand this. my vt was fitted with one and i found that i can carry my speed through the corners much much faster and get on the gas earlier as well. I drive twisty high speed (above 110) corners about 6 times a week going to work and footy and i can honestly say that it made a difference for the good. Although i find the car much more tail happy around those 90degree corners as the font end bites harder and the back just slides. But for the high speed corners its great.

If you dont think your strut brace did anything then your not pushing hard enough to notice it. IMO :)

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
for everyone who is saying that a strut brace does NOTHING i cannot understand this. my vt was fitted with one and i found that i can carry my speed through the corners much much faster and get on the gas earlier as well. I drive twisty high speed (above 110) corners about 6 times a week going to work and footy and i can honestly say that it made a difference for the good. Although i find the car much more tail happy around those 90degree corners as the font end bites harder and the back just slides. But for the high speed corners its great.

If you dont think your strut brace did anything then your not pushing hard enough to notice it. IMO :)

I completely agree with you mate. Which strut brace did you fit if you don't mind me asking?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i got one, its my third car, and the third strut brace i fitted, and also the third one i didnt notice anything,

i rate it up the with a k&n filter, its all in your head

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
just fitted my VZ SV6 with the strut brace see "my baby" for a pic cant wait to see how she handles thru them stupid lil round abouts, i got to go thru like 6 times a day.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
I completely agree with you mate. Which strut brace did you fit if you don't mind me asking?

I went with a polished pedders strut:

27032008.jpg

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
well today was the day!!!! the car handles a lot more "firmer" and now loves them lil round abouts. bugger all body roll and yehh sticking like sh*t to a blanket. best $40 bucks i spent

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I went with a polished pedders strut:

27032008.jpg

Looks to have all the stiffening qualities of a bow from an archery set.

Reaper