Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX front Brake pad Change How To Detailed

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi All, This is a question asked a lot, so i thought i would help out on how to change front brake pads, as mine had to be done.
I take no responsibility for any work you perform yourself. If you are not confident, Take your car to a Mechanic.

The Process is very easy, And to save some $$ Should take no more then a hour to replace them, even if its your first time, As this was my first time lol.
Hope this Guide helps out a bit.

Update:
Image shack deleted all my photos, So I have linked a much more detailed how to video by Chrisfix. Process is still very similar, And also covers Rotors, Greasing slide pins and replacing hardware.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Dont really see the need to take both caliper pin bolts out, you can just take the bottom pin out and flip the caliper up.

Also make sure you grease up both the top and the bottom pin slide before reassembling the caliper, an ungreased slide can cause premature wearing of a single pad.

Good writeup though and luck to all:beer chug:

bundy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Do all new pad sets come with the metal clips? Mine did, so i replaced them, is this necessary all the time?

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Maxxiz it is the same procedure for a VS...

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Probably should use Loctite on the 2 bolts as well, as it says in the manual to replace those 2 bolts as they have a special locking compound on the bolts from new.
Not sure whether workshops replace the bolts as the manual says or not. I asked Brakes Plus once when I was buying some pads and they said they use loctite on the bolts when re-installing them. Good write up and pics, very handy, thanks.

shizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Ute V6 Series 2 2004
Wish i had seen the G-clamp idea before i bought a caliper compressor !... Good write up... many thanks... did my first brake pad change this am... first pad set 30 mins second set 10 mins :p Cheers...g

Denis mark2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
Hi I am new to this forum Has any one any idea how the hand brake shoes are checked or changed i have just been de -rusting my drums and repaint ,and find that the off side rear drum is hard to turn compared to the other one This is on a VX Commodore Thanks Denis

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Thanks for this thread mate.
My front pads are starting to make a grinding sound.Time to change them.