Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] Paint Door Handles VT/VX

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Everyone,

My other half was at work so i thought i would pass sometime and make another how to on how to paint your VT/VX & I think VY Door Handles.

I Take no responsibility for anything you perform your self. This is just to be used as a guide.

Now, I Like the Silver door handles on the up markets commies, So i decided to paint them. Cost about $15 and takes no time at all.

First Remove Door handle shown here.

88962432.jpg

Remove the Screw Cover plug

57733430.jpg

Then Remove the screw holding the door handle

99117441.jpg

Then Unhook the handle from the door release wire.

14075681.png

Now you have the door handle removed. Remove the Pin holding the handle shown here, Use a flat head to lift the pin up.

81976213.jpg

Now you Have the Handle on its own like here

28559452.jpg

Now Use some wax and grease remover, and clean the handle right up. Apply the 1st coat, allow to dry, then the second etc. Then Apply some Clear coat to the handle, I applied 3 or4, since the handle needs to be hard wearing.

52294596.jpg

After allowing to dry. Put the Handle back in and push the pin back in, Should now look like this.

63619988.jpg

Now reverse to fit the door handle. Should look like this.

86743259.jpg

And if you want, Do your whole dash.
97079599.jpg

Here is the link to the how to
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/painting-your-dash.75402

Now go and have some fun, Or Have a Beer :beer chug:

Cheers Everyone

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
thanks for that i just pulled off my door handles and locked my self in my car for a bit lol. also thanks for linkinng the painting your dash guide as i have pulled that out to.
cheers, i think ill have a beer to

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
thanks for that i just pulled off my door handles and locked my self in my car for a bit lol. also thanks for linkinng the painting your dash guide as i have pulled that out to.
cheers, i think ill have a beer to

LOL OMG, Wind down the windows and open it from the out side lol

Reminds me of a episode of family guy when Peter locks him self in his car, keys are sitting outside the car, then uses a coat hanger to fetch the keys through the window lol

Should note, HAVE DOOR OPEN WHILE DOING lol

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
LOL OMG, Wind down the windows and open it from the out side lol

Reminds me of a episode of family guy when Peter locks him self in his car, keys are sitting outside the car, then uses a coat hanger to fetch the keys through the window lol

Should note, HAVE DOOR OPEN WHILE DOING lol

haha yea i thought about that after lol, but youve gotta laugh at yourself. yea that was a good episode lol. at least i ahd my keys in the car, but they were in the boot, dont know how they got their but it was a pain in the ass to get into the boot, specially with my sub there.

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Hey mate what kinda paint did ya use. plastic paint or just normal paint. and did you use any primer or just paint the handles? final result looks really gud. cheers for any info

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Used White Knight Squirts Spray Paint, Used Just Silver gloss, And yes used Clear Gloss coat, I put 3 or 4 heavy coats on it, no problem yet :)

and what about a clear gloss coat?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Thanks Edals for the how-to, good work. I did it last night and it came up real nice. While I was at it I also did my gear selector and hand brake cover, with a few studs thrown in for something different. In the photos they look white but must be the flash because they are the same silver gloss and clear coat that Edals used. Oh and I gave it all a light sand with 240 grit first to aid adhesion.

Attachments

• P1020001.jpg
    P1020001.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,548
  • P1020002.jpg
    P1020002.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,343
  • P1020003.jpg
    P1020003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 838
  • P1020004.jpg
    P1020004.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 964
  • P1020005.jpg
    P1020005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 923

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Looks Good mate, Glad it went well. I do these little things as its costs nothing to do and keeps ya busy :)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yeah me too! I just can't stop..... musical horns, uhf radio, custom fur-lined interior (including headlining and door inserts), neons and led's in all the storage compartments and boot, soundproofed, red painted engine cover lettering, red calipers, chrome tip, console bin light, black painted interior light surround, visors and grab handles, twin horns, chromed under the windows, leds under bonnet for checking oil etc at night, etc, etc, etc.......... But it's all cost me very little to do and I get more fun from doing these things than actually using them when they're installed! A bloke's gotta have a hobby eh?:rofl2: