Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] Replace Plastic window runners

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
This is quick " how to " replace those plastic window runners .
You will need a philips head screwdriver , a flat blade screwdriver ( to pry off the old runner ) and a G clamp.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...vx-detailed.83696?highlight=door+card+removal follow this link that Ozzie posted to remove the door card .
Next pull back the plastic to gain access to the window arms and runners , you might have to wind the window up or down to gain access to the runners .
Most of the time you will find ,just like mine has done that the arm has come out of the runner , thats the main cause of window rattle . If it is still intact , pry it out with a flat blade screwdriver.
Next , clean out the track and put some grease on the new runner and slide it into the channel .Line up the hole in the runner with the knob on the arm . You might need a second pair of hands to line it up while you pop it into position with the clamp . Tighten the clamp till you feel the arm click into the runner , undo the clamp , wind the window up and down to make sure all is ok , and job is done . Took me about half an hour from start to finish.

Attachments

• 102_9409.jpg
    102_9409.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 4,829
  • 102_9410.jpg
    102_9410.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 4,709
  • 102_9411.jpg
    102_9411.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,985
  • 102_9412.jpg
    102_9412.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 5,247

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Thanks so much for posting this up esp with the pics :) I was confused about a couple of parts in there and how it hooked up - now i see I just need new runners! You can buy these runners separate, but if anything else in there is dead you need to buy a whole new regulator!

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
Where do you get new runners from I'm assuming Holden, could someone confirm this please

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thread helped heaps, window now back on it's new greased up runners
$6.20 for 2 window runners from Holden

bacon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx II Spack
mine has recently just shat itself with these runners haha. but i have one and a half of those plastic clips in my hands.. i cant find the other half and cant figure out how to get the 2nd one in?

any ideas?

thanks.

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
Once i got the first one on (one pictured in the OP) i came across the same problem,
I just wound the window down all the way and peeled the plastic lining up,
which gives plenty of access to the other arm connecting too the window.

i was worried the glue holding the plastic on the door wouldn't reattach down low because it was dirtier then everywhere else but it fine.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Once i got the first one on (one pictured in the OP) i came across the same problem,
I just wound the window down all the way and peeled the plastic lining up,
which gives plenty of access to the other arm connecting too the window.

i was worried the glue holding the plastic on the door wouldn't reattach down low because it was dirtier then everywhere else but it fine.

Sorry guys i ommited the bit about fitting the second clip .dzach23 is right , just wind the window all the way down and take off the plastic protection sheet to fit second clip.

bacon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx II Spack
awesome thanks guys :D.
i went to holden to ask them how much it would be to fix it just to see. and they said $140 just for labour!!!!!! and thats with the door skin already off... like it hard to get that off for them? lol.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
hi just letting ya all no there is a 3rd runner two just above the bottom slot , pop of the guide and undo the two bolts, take the slide rail out clean it , slide new runner in flat side facing out with some grease , now put the rail in and finger tight the bolts and with a 4" G clamp put it in the top hole to pop it back in , now do the bolts up , same as bottom wind the window down just of bottom you see the two runners pop both off 1 at a time , and replace with grease and do the same with your G clamp.