Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] How to fix intermittently failing power window switch

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
If your power window switch won't always work, and requires a few presses before it actually works, then watch the video I made on how to fix that problem up.

It's pretty easy to follow, I shall all steps from taking the bottom part of the dash out, to taking the power window controls apart, and finishing by testing the switch after done work.

Hope someone can find some use with this.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkBPSOxfGmY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkBPSOxfGmY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Denno

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
lol breathing nice vid and interesting green paintjob

BillyFunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
loved the band aid on the finger lmao....thanks heaps for the vid m8....made the job so much easier...the rear left window switch had a melted plastic "pole"?..in it hmmmm....( the lil white plastic bit that sits in the spring )....not a good sign when plastic melts....thanks again...was a hugemungus help :D

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
loved the band aid on the finger lmao....thanks heaps for the vid m8....made the job so much easier...the rear left window switch had a melted plastic "pole"?..in it hmmmm....( the lil white plastic bit that sits in the spring )....not a good sign when plastic melts....thanks again...was a hugemungus help :D

Stabbed myself with my screwdriver when I was trying to pop the switches off haha oops

javelin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
Hey mate what did you do about the melted plastic pole? Did you have to replace it?

C-Shell

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Acclaim
Thanks for the excellent vid :D will be fixing the switches on the family car this weekend haha :D

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Hey mate what did you do about the melted plastic pole? Did you have to replace it?

Mine weren't melted mate, so I never had to replace them.. But I'm sure nearly all commodores will have the same type of pin in their power window switches, just go and pinch a few from any commo at a upullit or something. And by pinch, I mean buy :) haha

friskywood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Great Video Denno, But my Drivers side window has stopped working all together. The 3 other windows work fine but not the drivers side one

Dodgy 1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S V6
Great Video Denno, But my Drivers side window has stopped working all together. The 3 other windows work fine but not the drivers side one

Yea I have the exact same problem but thanks to this vid I'm about to have a go at fixing it myself....without stabbing myself with a screw driver of course.....