Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] HOW TO: Custom Blue Cluster Install

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hey guys,
So the other day eBay sent me my little project for the week. A white new cluster with blue L.E.Ds
heres the link >>Holden VX VT commodore berlina calais ELglow blue dials (eBay item 200537004004 end time 28-Mar-11 13:35:47 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

So today after work I had some free time and installed the little bugger, suprisingly, EASY as!
heres step by step of how to, 1 take out your dash and 2 take out ur cluster and unstall the new dials.

"red"]Matirials:
1 flathead screwdriver
1 Phillips Head screwdriver
1 soldering gun
some electrical wire
beers
:Optional: either cable ties and a knife or a drill and 2 screws[/COLOR]

1. grab a phillips head & a flathead screwdriver
2. use the flat head to take apart your center console. (where your drive shift is)
3. undo the 2 screws on the dash near where ur cigarette lighter is, this takes apart ur fold down glasses holder.
4. Remove your headunit, you dont need to take the cords out, just wiggle it too give ur dash some room.
5. take out ur console underneath your steering wheel then lower ur steering wheel.
6. Undo the 2 screws that are attached to the dash underneath and the 2 on top just above your cluster NOTE: use a smaller screwdriver
7. pull apart ur dash with a flathead and then disconnect the sensor mode, hazards and light switch on the right hand side.
8. take the 2 screws out of the cluster at the top, then remove the cluster (make sure ur sterrign wheel is at its lowest) then take out the plastic cover that holds it in then the black one and finally the other grayish one.
9. grab a beer
Now this is where it gets difficult.
10. slide the new cluster over the orginal cluster and dials (do not tamper with the dials at the back, you can move them up at down with ur finger to position the new cluster on) Make sure all the dials go up and down smoothly, if not dont worry.
11. put all the covers back on, this will tighten down the new cluster, then again make sur ethe dials move smoothly. (if not just fiddle with the cluster in the right position.
12. put everything back together, and keep the cable on the right out.

Now you will get an instruction sheet on how to do it threw the parkers, but I have interior neons so i did it threw them. I'll show the instruction way, my way is very complicated to explain.

13. Connect the new face to any one of the connecters on the inverter, you will need to locate the parker wire to solder the red positive to it.
14. gorund the black wire in a sutible spot.
15. Test to make sure it lights up when the parkers are turned on.
16. set the dimmer to own liking (its pretty bright) COLOR="lime"]and plus you get green to switch to aswell![/COLOR]
17. secure the inverter tightly in a safe place, I used cable ties and cut 2 holes out of my under console (pics below)
18. look back enjoy the lights and have another beer!
[

If any questions just ask!

heres some pics of the overall dash

104ro1g.jpg

246w1h1.jpg

2zobr68.jpg

2qm2nw5.jpg

All up around 1hour -1.5 hours

hope you enjoy!

Ciddy :)

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
hey, have any night time dark pictures of how it came up?