Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] How to remove VX grille

t1mm3hh

VX S PAC
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore S PAC
Over the last couple of days I have figured out a way to remove the VX grille from the front bumper.

I am demonstrating on a vx s pac.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

- A grinder off some sort, with a wheel to cut through plastic
- Sand paper
- Bastard file
- Screw Driver

Step 1: Removing the front bumper

I found it easiest to take off the bumper. There are 7 screws that you will need to remove.

The 3 on top of the bumper when you open the bonnet, and there is 2 on each front wheel arch (one down the very bottom and one in the middle)

Once they are removed, simply pull off the bumper with a bit of force as there are a series of clips to hold the bumper in place.

Step 2: Cutting out the fins

The fins I am talking about are these ones:

To cut them out, get your grinder and cut out each fin as close as you can to the outer edging without cutting into the bumper. WARNING: BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT INTO YOUR PAINT WORK!

Once you are done, it should look something like this:

Step 3: Sanding

For this I used an orbital sander and a bastard file.

Simply sand and file down the left over of the fins until it is flush.

You will end up with something like this: (I have not completely sanded and filed down the left over fins as I am putting mesh infront of them, but the front of the grille is what it should look like all over)

Step 4: Finishing up

You can rather leave the black plastic as is, you can paint over it by using masking tape to cover your paintwork, or you can put some mesh in as I will be doing.

Once finished, put the bumper back on and you're done!

Good luck!

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
nice work lad, when you put the mesh and please chuck up some over all finished pictures. Im keen to see what it looks like before i give it ago