Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VZ] Save your SS seat bolsters from getting squashed

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Ok it's bloody obvious - general rule is: Don't sit on the sides of your seats for ages (or let your younger bro do it as he has in mine - GRRR). That said, they are going to get some wear, esp after 5 years and if you have not owned em since new. Here's how to double the lifetime:

1) Undo all electrics on the front seats
2) Unbolt both front seats and remove from ur SS
3) Remove plastic trim from the sides of the seats, unbolt the the back section and remove (the part you recline)
4) You are now left with two base sections. Turn over on a soft surface and carefully unclip the black plastic retainers on the underside of the seat then remove the base seat foam AND leather/cloth.
5) Swap onto the other seat and re affix. NOTE: make sure the metal part of the base is INSIDE the pocket provided for it in the foam, NOT in between the leather/cloth and the foam.
6) Do it all up again and re install.

As you should figure the generally more worn driver's side bolster is now butted up against the centre console, pushing it back into position. The unworn bolster from the passenger side (console side) is now the door side of the driver's seat. Should look ok.

Enjoy and be careful not to stuff it up this time :)

EDIT: PICS OF THE PROCEDURE ARE COMING THIS WK END!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
cool hope it makes em last!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
My drivers seat, the door side bolster was collapsed and 99% of the time I'm the only person in my car, so I simply swapped the two front seat foams across and now I'm all good.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Does this work in the vy ss leather seats? I was considering getting the appolsterer to rebuild the bolsters. I'll swap em this weekend instead.

Edit: just had s look. Does the bolster unbolt or do you swap the whole seat base?

Last edited:

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Does this work in the vy ss leather seats? I was considering getting the appolsterer to rebuild the bolsters. I'll swap em this weekend instead.

Edit: just had s look. Does the bolster unbolt or do you swap the whole seat base?

Yep this will work on VT-VE seats. And mate, don't get an upholsterer to rebuild the seat base foam - you can buy a brand new one from Holden for about $120. If you look into it be sure to specify that you don't want the leather/cloth, just the foam.

Bolster unclips. Seeing as I have decided to g into competition with HarmlessMuffinMan to become the MAN of the net, I will take pics of the procedure for all you guys.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Will post pics this wk end

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Pics would be mint.

Holden nz charge alot more than Holden Australia usually.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Hey Milky any luck on Fleabay?

Sorry did not get round to uploading pix today as was called into work. Will do my best to get it done on Sunday!