Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] has your seat dropped or sagged"?

hcvtss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt SS 5.7 LS1
If your commodore seat has dropped or sagged and you think you need to buy a new one think again!

The covers on commodore seats unclip and you can slide them back if the bottom part of your seat ( usually the drivers side has sagged or dropped) it is because the foam under the seat covering has torn or split> One of the best ways to fix this is to use sikaflex just put some sika liberally on the two sides you want to join then tape from one side of the seat to the other holding the torn section together and wait around 40 min till the sika goes off and then pull the seat covering back over the foam and re clip it underneath your seat will now be like new and will not let go it will save you 100's especially if you have SS seats or HSV ones. CAUTION make sure you have your ignition off when you disconnect the seats as if you don't you will set of the SRS Fault warning light and you will have to take it to a holden dealer to have it fixed. Hope this saves some of you some dollars. It works as i am a shipwright (boatbuilder) and use it almost everyday sika will stick almost anything to anything i tried it once and it worked unbelievably i have used it on like 5 seats over the past 3 years not one has let go.