Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VZ] How to remove Exterior door handles (Pics included) (VY-VZ)

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Ok i decided to make a how to thread on removing exterior door handles since i tried to look for 1 last night and it was hard to look for a picture heavy one. It has a simple process but can be a bit tedious.

I think the same steps would apply for a vx just different interior i guess.

Step 1. Remove the interior using this detailed guide. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/removing-vy-vz-door-trim.70606

Now here is where the 2 bolts are located behind this hole.

260slg1.jpg

Step 2. Peel back the plastic while trying to save most of the black adhesive stuck onto it.( Later you will need to press it back onto the medal frame but if it doesn't stick you can just glue it on.)

2lka8pl.jpg

Step 3. I use a 10mm socket to get to this and it was quite simple but be sure to use your fingers when it is loose enough so the bolt doesnt fall down (don't worry the little washer is stuck to the bolt aswell)

(This is for the front passanger side door which is the easier of the 4)
muzar9.jpg

Step 4. Now that the bolts are off take off the metal plate and you will see wha the door handle looks like below. Be careful ofthe highlighted areas as they are clipped in behind the door so don't just push the door handle out.They come out easy you just need to jiggle them a bit and they will come off. On the picture you can see the little plastic thing on the bottom left corner and that is in the opening mechanisim. Once the door handle is on the outside of the car pop it out then jiggle it out and it should be out :)
35hr1xg.jpg
2wdolmv.jpg

REAR DOORS

The rear doors are basically the same as above but getting the bolts are a bit more tedious.

Here is how much of the plastic that you should need to take off.
jrb49s.jpg

Here is the back right passenger door which is the hardest to get too in my opinion

33m3q84.jpg

Use the same method to remove the door handles and you should be done.

That is it. If anyone has any questions about anything please dont hesitate to ask :)

Oh yeh dont worry ill be adding in how to put them back in tomorow (a video might be easier)

thanks! :)

Credit to Nic92 helping me with taking door trim off, letting me use his tools and driveway :p

Last edited:

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
cool hurry up with the vid!!!! :)

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride