Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] How to replace broken fuel line quick release clips without dropping the tank. LS1+

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
May work on V6,LS2 etc with this set up

images

Ok so you used the novice brute attack on your quick release fuel filter clips and you broke one or both, f**k now you have to drop the tank to install the new lines that come attached to the ends...... but! not now because I`m going to share with you a brainwave that got it done on my lunch hour.

The ends have coloured clips inside that are independant of the main part and can be taken out, mine was bright green yours might be another bright colour or black for the T section, the trick is to take the clip out of the new end that can be\has been purchased from holden , (if you stuff the T section just buy the short section from the tank $17.00 as members posted that the T section is more expensive, the clips do look the same) to do this you need a small flat head screw driver and push all four pincers/ends of the clip in one at a time then hold them in with your fingernail while you work the next one so they touch in the middle and then slide the flathead behind it and pop/slide it out, it may take two people if your fingernails are short like mine :}.

It will have 2 rubber O rings and a plastic washer behind the clip that come out dont loose these, if you did not notice the orination, it is sandwich the plastic one between the rubber ones.

Now remove the old piece of clip that may be remaining from your attack from the old end using the same technique it will have an old washer and O rings like the new one so again watch you dont loose these (the rear light blueish??? rubber one usally stays inside ) its up to you if you use the old or new washers but remember the orination and then slide in your new clip, done.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
i used to assemble these lines for a job at TI automotive lol!!

you can buy a pack of plastic things that are all different colours to match the colour in the clips!!
they slide over em and they pull off easily!! i brought some from sprints a few years ago!

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
yer lol lol lol, thats gotta be cheaper woot

vywags

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina wagon v6
Head to your local wreckers after buying the quick release tool (I got mine from bursons with 3 different sizes for $20) and cut the old fuel lines to drop the filter (easier then doing it all upside down on pointy rocks and broken glass) then use the tool you wish you had of used in the first place to release the lines from the filter. Next I used a pick to slowly work the clips out from the housing...and at $1 for 4 of them thought it was a steal...after cleaning them up they slid straight on in no worries. Here's a pic of the clips and the tool I wish I had brought before attempting this seemingly simple task...

Attachments

• DSC_0166.jpg
    DSC_0166.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 6,314

vxchev8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Head to your local wreckers after buying the quick release tool (I got mine from bursons with 3 different sizes for $20) and cut the old fuel lines to drop the filter (easier then doing it all upside down on pointy rocks and broken glass) then use the tool you wish you had of used in the first place to release the lines from the filter. Next I used a pick to slowly work the clips out from the housing...and at $1 for 4 of them thought it was a steal...after cleaning them up they slid straight on in no worries. Here's a pic of the clips and the tool I wish I had brought before attempting this seemingly simple task...

Anybody know where I can purchase the above connectors. Having trouble locating new ones. Thanks in advance