Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] How To: Debadge Your Car

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Tools Required: Bucket, Rag x2, Water, Container, CT18, Fishing Line, Air Dryer.

smpzrl.jpg

1. first fill up a bucket of water, and then put a little bit of water in a container with a drop of ct18, then get a couple rags

4fv49f.jpg

2.use the hair drying on the badge to melt the adhesive.

3. while the badge is hot, get some fishing line and use it to cut the badge off from the adhesive which will then fall off and the adhesive will still be stuck on the car.

5b5tt5.jpg

then it should look like this:

2q3btpx.jpg

4. then use your finger nails to peal the adhesive off the car, use the hair drying to warm it back up if need be.

k2bekx.jpg

now it should look like this:

2rw3x3c.jpg

5. now use the ct18 on it, scrub it hard, if you are having problems with getting it out, use the hair dryer on it again, and you may need to use your finger nails on it aswell, my brother told me to leave the ct18 for a couple minutes before washing it off.

i6i1lg.jpg

6. now wash it off with a rag from the bucket of water, i washed it twice.

now it should look like this when your done.

ms0g42.jpg

I also took the Holden badge off because i wanted to paint it black, it looks like this once it is off.

27ymyhv.jpg

i am going to put a blob of sikaflex on the adhesive thats why i left it on there because it is strong and it will only come off if it is heated.

so il get some more pictures up of finished product tomorro :)

30jlbwp.jpg

if you have air bags it is also a good idea to raise it so you don't have to bend over as much

ou2oac.jpg

3305u1i.jpg

ofv9s.jpg

i hope this helps

Last edited:

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
really mate? theres already a sticky thread on here to do this

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
really mate? theres already a sticky thread on here to do this

Well so what. If you don't have anything constuctive and useful to contribute then go away and annoy your 11 year old friends. You are obviously some moron lurker who does not even own a commodore.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Good write up NIC92.

I'm sure all the guys here appreciate the effort you have gone to with the write up and pictures. Thanks and good job.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
another item to get rid of the double sided tape residue is a caramel wheel available from most auto paint suppliers and I believe bunnings now. Doesn't take the paint off and requires NO elbow grease to remove the double sided tape once you have the badge off the car.