Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] VY2 Pod gauge install guide with own wireing Watertemp/Oil Pressure gauges photos....

barekone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SV8

Last edited:

badbubblegum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute M6
how on earth did you manage to do it for $180?
The pod alone is $100.
And if they're AutoMeter gauges like you say $80 for both seems very cheap. Cheaper gauges can be used i guess but why bother.
And then you have all the other parts needed in your list.
Is your accounting accurate?

badbubblegum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute M6
sorry if that seemed rude.
I will add that it was a very helpful thread and an excellent contribution to this site.
Thanks

barekone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SV8
no stress dude... the gauges are in the photos, accounting is pretty much correct... gauges were $15 each (cash converters), pod was $85(super cheap), the 2 water adapters $15(1 was a universal the auto meter, a mate on holidays in the U.S), wire and other sundries was $0(had them lying around), and the oil plate was $40(Trade price) would n`t have a clue of retail $$... hex head block plug was $2... total was $170, no doubt anyone could do this for around $200 if you could get the gauges a little bit cheaper... :idea3:you can make the end result cheaper again by leaving out the oil plate... there is another way to put in the oil sender, by drilling/tapping the original oil cooler block plate, (above the oil filter) you could save more $$$.... i didn`t really want to do it that way I didn`t have the time, but its another option to keep price down... :beer chug: