Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VN-VP] DIY Commodore Headlight Warning Buzzer

bubbada

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN Commodore
Come up with this tutorial because of recent events with a flat battery so on we go..

Note: i wont be using a fuse taps (piggyback) i probably should be using them because if a wire gets loose from being wrapped around a fuse leg it could possibly short on another power wire or fuse and cause Arcing, fire or blow other fuses in car so put into consiteration there is a risk to my method.

Whats needed
1 Dual Sound Piezo Buzzer 1-13V
A wire striper
1 Zip Tie

its pretty straight forward
Grab the Piezo buzzer and take note that there's 3 wires Red,Yellow and Black
the piezo has 2 settings set out like this
-Red & black for Continuous (beeeeeep)
-yellow and black for Pulse (beep, beep)
we will call the yellow or red wires the "Tone wire" for referance
Ill Be using Yellow and Black because the continuous tone is annoying

1. Locate the fuse panel under the steering Column
2. take out fuse 7. INST. & SWITCH ILLUM. 5A (fuse for headlight switch)
3. Grab the Piezo buzzer and strip the Tone wire enough to wrap around one of the fuse's legs put the fuse back in the fuse panel with the wired side facing down
4. take out fuse 13. Radio PWR. ANTENNA 10A (fuse for radio)
5. back to the peizo buzzer ans strip the Black wire enough to wrap around one of the fuse's legs put the fuse back in the fuse panel with the wired side facing down
6. use the zip tie to zip tie the buzzer some where around the fuse panel check picture for my location (to stop it moving round when the car is moving)
7. on the buzzer cut the wire end of the one wire that wasn't used so it don't arc on anything.
8. now test by turning on headlights to see if it beeps then turn them back off

heres the picture of my setup
DIY Holden Commodore headlight Warning Buzzer.jpg
So there u go a Buzzer that beeps when you leave you're lights on when u turn car off.

Note:
Credit for this tutorial should also go to krypt0n's post this is made from his idea.

bubbada

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN Commodore
(recently) if anyone can tell me why the buzzer would burn out after a few weeks?