Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eagle leads vs genuine leads

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I'm due for a lead change soon and have seen some eagle leads (which are said to be high performance) on ebay for a decent price. Do the eagle leads have any benefit over the genuine leads?

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patent Pending 1995 VR Series II V6 Buick
I Have Always Used 9mm (Grey) Eagle Leads On My VRII, With Bosch Super 4 Plugs.. They Shite All Over The GM Leads...
Heaps More Power & Smoother Acceleration.. As The Resistance Changes From The Coil Packs To Plugs...

Tested The Eagle Leads On My Standard VN Commodore & It Boosted Power By About 15-20 Bhp With The Super 4 Plugs... It Runs Like New..

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
By The Way.. Just By Them From Pep's Auto Spares Or Whoever Is In Victoria That's Similar.. At Least You Know, Your Getting What You Pay For...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
forget eagle and get some Bosch leads. i've used eagle for years and i've gone back to Bosch. i use the ones listed for LPG use.

i have always used 9mm (grey) eagle leads on my vrii, with bosch super 4 plugs.. They shite all over the gm leads...
Heaps more power & smoother acceleration.. As the resistance changes from the coil packs to plugs...

Tested the eagle leads on my standard vn commodore & it boosted power by about 15-20 bhp with the super 4 plugs... It runs like new..

15-20bhp on plugs and leads alone ............:blah blah: i call BS

WAFFEN SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VS Commodore and 5L VT Clubby
Im with the first guy, Ive got the gray 9mm Eagle leads and they have done over 40k and still run mint, (test showed near new ratings) Using NGK plugs and VY coil pack.

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
forget eagle and get some Bosch leads. i've used eagle for years and i've gone back to Bosch. i use the ones listed for LPG use.

15-20bhp on plugs and leads alone ............:blah blah: i call BS<<<<<???:banstick:

It HAS Been Proven, To Actually Get 15-20Kw, With Pro 9mm Pro Leads, Super 4 Plugs & High Flow Air Filter... I Think Your Misses Called BS When She Got Stuck With You...:boxing:

I'm A Performance Patent Designer Fella... What Do You Do..??? That's Why, All The Turbo Charged Cars In My Area HAVE Been Put To Shame By A 20 Year Old Series 1 VN... :rofl2:

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Im with the first guy, Ive got the gray 9mm Eagle leads and they have done over 40k and still run mint, (test showed near new ratings) Using NGK plugs and VY coil pack.

I've Driven All The Way Up Past LISMORE From SYDNEY & Back Four Times, To See My Ex & Hit Speeds Of Over 250kmph.. Three Months Later, Gave The Plugs A Clean & Stuck The Leads & Super 4's On The VN... Still Running Strong...

I Used Iridium NGK Plugs Beforehand & Platinum Super 4's (Quad Spark) Kick Arse Over NGK & Have Smoother Power...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It HAS Been Proven, To Actually Get 15-20Kw, With Pro 9mm Pro Leads, Super 4 Plugs & High Flow Air Filter... I Think Your Misses Called BS When She Got Stuck With You...:boxing:

I'm A Performance Patent Designer Fella... What Do You Do..??? That's Why, All The Turbo Charged Cars In My Area HAVE Been Put To Shame By A 20 Year Old Series 1 VN... :rofl2:

Proof (with dyno sheet) or bullshit

you can't get that much power with a swap of plugs and leads (and now air filter which you left out before) unless the aforementioned items where completely stuffed and it ran like a bag of ****.

also, before it was 15-20bhp, now it KW. should get your story straight mate.

i too could design and patent BS (performance BS that is) but you seem to have beaten me to it :rofl:

and i'm a machine operator, maintenance engineer and i work in the performance car industry part time as well :thumbsup:

I've Driven All The Way Up Past LISMORE From SYDNEY & Back Four Times, To See My Ex & Hit Speeds Of Over 250kmph.. Three Months Later, Gave The Plugs A Clean & Stuck The Leads & Super 4's On The VN... Still Running Strong...

Speeding is illegal and we don't condone that kind of behaviour on this forum. you should also be aware that there are a number of members who are also in the law enforcement community. you better hope they don't see this :D

no doubt your VN also has the much sought after cop chip

Last edited:

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac

What advantages do the bosch leads have over the eagle? Also are the LPG listed use ones fine to use with a Unleaded Petrol engine, do they fall under the Motorsport or Supersport categories or they're on their own.

You seem to know your parts, so what brand and type plugs do you run with your leads?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
As far as I have been able to tell the only real difference between stock leads and so called perfomance leads is the extra rubber surrounding the wire. Also rare metal plugs are crap. Standard plugs are the go.