Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should HSV Make 1 Last Brock Commodore?

Should HSV Make 1 Last Batch of Brock Commodores?

• Yes

Votes: 110 76.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 23.6%

• Total voters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Personally I could think of no better way to show tribute to Brocky than to release one last line of Brock Commodores (with perhaps $1,000 per car going to one of his charities).

So, do you think HSV should make a batch of HSV Brock Commodores? (Yes I know it was HDT not HSV that made the originals, but still!)

Or perhaps make the next 7.0L HSV 'GTSR' or whatever they were going to call it, a Brock HSV instead!

HSV and Holden owe alot to Brocky, as does the entire world of motorsport! In my opinion there is no better way to show the respect and love that we all had for Brocky 05, the Legend and King of the Hill!

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Definately! Great idea!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Yeah they should. Holden wouldn't be half of what it is for today if it wasn't for Peter Brock.

(IMO, they should re-release the A9X as the tribute vehicle.......hehehe!)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
HSV have nothing to do with Peter Brock and Holden didn't beleive in him either which caused HDT to go broke, so better to just to have the old HDT cars and leave it at that

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
greenfoam said:
HSV have nothing to do with Peter Brock and Holden didn't beleive in him either which caused HDT to go broke, so better to just to have the old HDT cars and leave it at that

Your knowledge of that history is somwhat flawed however now is not the time for such a debate. What is beyond dispute is his contribution to motor racing in Australia and the Holden brand over many years. To many HSV is a modern evolution of what Brock pioneered 25 years ago and IMHO a car named in his honor would be fitting.

Reaper

Last edited:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
hell no, profitting from a dead mans name, thats just wrong, only way it could be condoned would be if all profits went to brockys charity!

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Julie said:
hell no, profitting from a dead mans name, thats just wrong, only way it could be condoned would be if all profits went to brockys charity!
Julie makes a very good point, i to would only like to see one come out if all profits went into some sort of charity brock was into.
still i would love to see holden/hsv bring out a tribute car for brock.:)

jamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s2 wagon
brocky will live on forever with all he has done and achieved.no one will ever equal his accomplishments.the best tribute of all is to appreciate all his work in racing and charity...if we are all as loyal as we say maybe we should ALL donate any spare cash to his charity..a fitting way for us all to say goodbye? brocky is and will always be remeebered as number 1