Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

God damn virus - URGENT

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Ok well it seems i have a virus. The last thing i did was type in "how did stahp meme come about" in google and clicked a link then looked at the site and exited it. Now my computer is pooped i have this thing called "System Progressive Protection 3.7.6" that installed itself as a fake anti virus. it lets me on some websites but when i try see how to remove it on google it wont let me. is there anything that i can do or do i have to re install indows 7 :(.

thanks

if this isnt in the right spot please move

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Can you uninstall it the normal way? Control Panel -> Programs and Features. What operating system do you have?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
i ngot windows 7 i think i fixed it using this video.

Remove System Progressive Protection by Britec - YouTube

i just dont get how clicking on a website link can get me a virus? i didnt chose to download anything

Lots of exploits can use Flash Player and that to get by, Also a lot of programs now days have other programs included in the packaging and sometimes it's not blatantly obvious there about to install something else.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
i can go on the net alright now (before when i had it it would say this wesbite is nsecure and wouldnt let me on) but my mcafe firewall auto turns itself off when i click off it.

Edit: is ther a way i can avoid this apart from going on stupid sites?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would go the whole hog. Combofix to begin with in safe mode and then malwarebytes. Combofix is a pretty intensive virus removal software and has saved computers from the brink of reinstalls a few times for me.

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
Most modern virus's and malware can infiltrate your system in the subtlest ways.
A good AntiVirus program and smart browsing are generally the only ways to avoid a threat.

There's nothing guaranteed because developers of virus's find a way around anything built to stop it and vice versa.

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
FYI - i just looked it up - interested aswell - Stahp | Know Your Meme

[Origin
The word “stahp” is an intentionally misspelled phonetic transcription of the word “stop,” which was introduced earlier in August 2011 through Stawp it, Rahn, another image macro series that pokes fun at the MTV’s Jersey Shore cast member Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola’s accent (shown below, left). The earliest known captioned instance of the series based on a photograph of a scornful-looking dog (shown below, right) was uploaded by Tumblr[1] user jmiliam on March 18th, 2012. Within six months, the post received over 124,300 notes.]