Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhausts - 5.7L

P

pest

Guys, my wife and I have just bought a VY SV8. While it has heaps of grunt when compated to the old VR V8 we had, it sounds like a sewing machine. What sort of exhaust do you guys have on your Gen3s? I'm after a set of pacemakers and a twin 2.5 but I'm undecided on the mufflers?
thanks, pest

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
I have a VYSS with cat back only Xforce system twin 2.5" no resinator and it sounds sweet as good as my old VPSS pacey's are the best extractors for the ls1 but you wont feel much of a performance gain unless you get an edit done.

V

vulss1ute

how ya going mate i have 4 into 1 headers and 2 and a half system with 2 magnaflow resinators and no mufflers and everyone has told me it is the best sounding gen 3 around.

P

pest

VU ute man, I've heard about that sort of exhaust before as well. Minus the pacies, how much did it set you back for the exhaust, cat back? And also, how hard is it to find magnaflows and do you have a sound file of your beast? Do you get any drone too? Sorry for all the questions, pest...

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
i have advance ceramic coated tri-y's into twin 2.5" pipe, high flow cats, x pipe, two magna flow hot dog style mufflers merging into single 3" no resonator. all that = bulk noise :yeah: :thumbsup:

jason

doggie458

Reaction score
Members Ride
cv8 monaro
hey pest...i know what you mean..i just purchased a cv8 monaro which had a 2/1/2 twin stainless sports exhaust fitted and sounded like a hyundai going backwards..so i fitted pacemaker extractors and not much difference in note...so i to am at a loss as what to do now...will watch with your outcome with interest...good luck...

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I have a mild dual Sureflow 2.5"

goes well. Needs more hi-flow cats and headers though

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
doggie458 said:
hey pest...i know what you mean..i just purchased a cv8 monaro which had a 2/1/2 twin stainless sports exhaust fitted and sounded like a hyundai going backwards..so i fitted pacemaker extractors and not much difference in note...so i to am at a loss as what to do now...will watch with your outcome with interest...good luck...

the note in your exhaust dep on a few things
a) mufflers used
b) cats
c)bends circumference
d)induction mods will help with that roar(ie mcai/otr)