Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Tune / Edit...

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
(Wasn't sure what ppl liked)

Anyway....I'm going to see a bloke who has promised me a 300kw GTS flash tune for $350....

Can anyone beat this price???????
He also said he will:
Re-calibrate my speedo
And make my VTII injectors run a little bit richer to match the GTS Cam I've got installed...

If this is a great price and providing my car goes fantastic... I'll post the guys info (with his permission of course) and I'll get my list of mods and a dyno sheet......
This is the cheapest I could find....I'd love to hear if anyone else can match or do better...I think we started hearing good things as well!!! Not just being ripped off!!!!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Im just curious, why would you install a GTS cam?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
slowr8 said:

Anyway....I'm going to see a bloke who has promised me a 300kw GTS flash tune for $350....

He also said he will:
Re-calibrate my speedo
And make my VTII injectors run a little bit richer to match the GTS Cam I've got installed...

If this is a great price and providing my car goes fantastic... I'll post the guys info (with his permission of course) and I'll get my list of mods and a dyno sheet......
This is the cheapest I could find....I'd love to hear if anyone else can match or do better...I think we started hearing good things as well!!! Not just being ripped off!!!!!
EMTECH do the edit and so do D & T and also Morpowa i think , look around budy

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
slowr8 said:

He also said he will:
Re-calibrate my speedo

just a bit strange why you would make the injectors run richer to match the cam when you have already put in a gts tune?
speedo is done in the dash, if he has the gear to do it all well and good
most places will do a std hsv tune for about 250 to 300

Rob

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
hey sorry to take so long to reply, had a weekend away with the old girl..

minux: The GTS cam is slightly bigger :)

DrBob: Sorry I didn't fully explain my situation, I have a VTII clubby converted to A4 with a VX computer. So that means my 26cc injectors aren't the same as the VX 28.(5cc??) so it was running too lean even with the GTS tune............I think?

Anyway, to the tune. It was fantastic. He used EFI Live to tune and log all the data and we did a fair bit of customising.....F ing awesome!!!!!! It's convinced me to get this software for myself!!!!!! (although I didn't ask how much it costs!!!)

We changed the speedo via the software to match the changed diff ratio just by punching it into the first flash screen then:
1: Changed shift points and unlock points via speed and RPM for the gearbox / torque conv.
2: Obviously changed timing to suit the car by modifying the base tune to suit the car
3: Setup something about cruising so it uses less fuel
4: Removed the need for the MAF by giving it the GTS base tune

All in all I learnt more about my car in the 4 hours we were working on it than any time I've ever spent doing anything else on it...
Result: Highly recommended! Although I still need to get it on the Dyno.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
slowr8 said:
hey sorry to take so long to reply, had a weekend away with the old girl..

minux: The GTS cam is slightly bigger :)

DrBob: Sorry I didn't fully explain my situation, I have a VTII clubby converted to A4 with a VX computer. So that means my 26cc injectors aren't the same as the VX 28.(5cc??) so it was running too lean even with the GTS tune............I think?

Anyway, to the tune. It was fantastic. He used EFI Live to tune and log all the data and we did a fair bit of customising.....F ing awesome!!!!!! It's convinced me to get this software for myself!!!!!! (although I didn't ask how much it costs!!!)

We changed the speedo via the software to match the changed diff ratio just by punching it into the first flash screen then:
1: Changed shift points and unlock points via speed and RPM for the gearbox / torque conv.
2: Obviously changed timing to suit the car by modifying the base tune to suit the car
3: Setup something about cruising so it uses less fuel
4: Removed the need for the MAF by giving it the GTS base tune

All in all I learnt more about my car in the 4 hours we were working on it than any time I've ever spent doing anything else on it...
Result: Highly recommended! Although I still need to get it on the Dyno.
so it wasnt tuned on the Dyno ???
who tuned it ?

F

foammedia

I downloaded the demo version of that software, looks mint and easy to use. If only I had a VX gen III manual :p and the full version, insta 12 seconds!:)

H

HeadKracker

slowr8 said:
DrBob: Sorry I didn't fully explain my situation, I have a VTII clubby converted to A4 with a VX computer. So that means my 26cc injectors aren't the same as the VX 28.(5cc??) so it was running too lean even with the GTS tune.........
no wonder it was running too lean, those injectors belong on a whippersnipper! are you sure they arent 26lb/hr injectors? stock ecotec are 19lb, supercharged 6 injectors are 36lb.....

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
hehehe wooops!!!

Ok so they're 26lb/hr injectors! and the VX is 28lb....

Buuuut anyway no it wasn't on a dyno....he didn't have a dyno we just drove it around and had realtime results....seen how the car changed and if it pinged and what not....personaly I liked the way it was done cause I felt EVERY change we did.....throughout the entire rev range it was f ing awesome....anyway I'm not sure what it's like to tune on the other software but I'm happy with this one

H

HeadKracker

slowr8 said:
Buuuut anyway no it wasn't on a dyno....he didn't have a dyno we just drove it around and had realtime results....seen how the car changed and if it pinged and what not....personaly I liked the way it was done cause I felt EVERY change we did.....throughout the entire rev range it was f ing awesome....anyway I'm not sure what it's like to tune on the other software but I'm happy with this one
Come to think of it, there are a lot of japanese top line tuners who only complete about 50% of their tuning on a dyno, the rest is done in real time on the road or track.....i think its a common misconception that tuning HAS to take place on a dyno.....