Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delphi ECU mods

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
Hi there people.
I'm new to the forum. Lots of interesting stuff here. I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been thrashed out.
I'm very interested in tuning my LS motor but on the fly or in real time. The Roadrunner packaged with EFI software enables you to do this. But then there's the HPtuners which is less expensive but does the same.
I'm looking for anyone who might of gone down this track and is willing to share their knowledge on it.
Thanks.
Pete.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Hi there people.
I'm new to the forum. Lots of interesting stuff here. I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been thrashed out.
I'm very interested in tuning my LS motor but on the fly or in real time. The Roadrunner packaged with EFI software enables you to do this. But then there's the HPtuners which is less expensive but does the same.
I'm looking for anyone who might of gone down this track and is willing to share their knowledge on it.
Thanks.
Pete.

The "real time tuning" set up from HPtuners is second rate compared to the roadrunner. With the RR any calibration can be modified instantly on the fly whereas the HPtuners version is limited to a few tables. The RR is also an instant change to the tunefile, meaning that once you have finished adjusting a parameter it is instantly saved to the tune, where hptuners needs the changes to be flashed to the tune.
The roadrunner can be configured to automatically adjust tables from calculated pids, for instance modifying the VE table from wideband O2 sensor feedback via the BEN pid, where hptuners cannot. Also you can configure how the data is applied, add subtract, divide, multiply as well as a straight paste to the file. Again something that HPtuner cannot.
Tie this in with the new software available with a mainline Dyno & you can configure a system where the car can near tune itself.
If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
The "real time tuning" set up from HPtuners is second rate compared to the roadrunner. With the RR any calibration can be modified instantly on the fly whereas the HPtuners version is limited to a few tables. The RR is also an instant change to the tunefile, meaning that once you have finished adjusting a parameter it is instantly saved to the tune, where hptuners needs the changes to be flashed to the tune.
The roadrunner can be configured to automatically adjust tables from calculated pids, for instance modifying the VE table from wideband O2 sensor feedback via the BEN pid, where hptuners cannot. Also you can configure how the data is applied, add subtract, divide, multiply as well as a straight paste to the file. Again something that HPtuner cannot.
Tie this in with the new software available with a mainline Dyno & you can configure a system where the car can near tune itself.
If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers for the info.
Looks like I'll be purchasing the RR system sometime soon.

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
3 years after asking? Have you looked into EFI Live too? I thought that the Roadrunner was an emulation PCM.