Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] ve ss forced induction time :)

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
ok i own a ve ss sportwagon with 25,000km's and manual and im getting close to purchasing a supercharger kit, i want 500rwhp for powercruise in january i went for a drive in a harrop charged vy ss ute and loved it but i really want to go for a drive in a car with a v2 kit as capa have said they can do me a 500rwhp kit minus the tune and exhaust for $6,995 which is bloody cheap it will be a v2 T-trim and is $4,000 cheaper than the top mount kits.
then there is a ASE TT1000 kit which i can buy second hand for $7500 which includes hi-flow cats and and twin 3" exhaust.
im undecided as which way to go, obviously i want to do it as cheap as i can but reasonably reliable aswell, and taking into account that im a motorbike mechanic and kit fot a side mount blower myself easily but prob not a ttkit or top mount. does anyone have anything bad to say about the v2 T-trims?
cheers

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Top mounts make good power down low but top end suffers.
Side mount are good all round.
If you want to make power get a Pro Charger v2, nothing else comes close.
To make good power you will need a good intercooler as well.
Not to mention a surge tank and fuel system, twin pumps, fuel fittings, pressure regulator and maybe injectors " standard injectors may cope " to cope with it all.
so add another $2k at least onto that or it will lean out and blow up, well sorta.

Im guessing you have a stock clutch too, you may as well put another $1350 ontop for a Tex Z-Grip clutch or your gonna have problems.
Its never as simple as just bolting it on, so just some advice for you before you find out the hard way.

Your looking at 10-12 grand minimum.

Do it propperly first time.

Last edited:

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
Yeah i am aware of the addition cost most of the kits come with injectors and the ve fuel system can handle around the 380rwkw until it starts to run out of steam, i will definetly need a clutch the stock one won't even last the dyno tuning. i have had a price on the pro charger side mount kit with injectors upgraded compressor wheels and upgraded cooler for $8900 so plus an exhaust $1200 for tune and $1500 for clutch this will make 500rwhp everyday though

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
s/c would be awesome on one of these, went for a spin in a ve ss had a l98 in it and it flew, was standard, smashed my ls1, can't imagine how good this would be with a s/c.

BLOWN R8

WHISTLE BY HARROP
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VZ R8 MALOO, LC 406, HT PREM, VX SS
go the harrop m8....