Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 Auto Shift Kit

VU-S-LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Spac 5.7
Gday, is anyone able to help, I want to fit a shift kit to the auto in a VU LS1, do I fit the electronic module which increases line pressure and therefore firmer shifts or is there an effective alternative?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
not advised at all, get a tune on the vehicle done.

VU-S-LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Spac 5.7
OK thanks for the reply, but Ive had a tune done and the auto seems exactly the same as before (improved engine power though), Im really after an auto shift improvement and these modules only affect 1 thing the fluid pressure within the auto, also they have a switch so it can be switched on for firm shifts and off again to return to stock soft shifts. Really want to know if this is the way to go or is there a shift kit as in the old fashioned type which requires installation of different springs and valves etc that works better.
Thanks again. VU-S-LS1.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
All the shift parameters can be changed in the tune file. Obviously when you had the tune done they left the shift settings as stock or near to.
Just increasing line pressure can cause other faults in the trans. Find a reputable tuner & get them to sort it for you.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
All the shift parameters can be changed in the tune file. Obviously when you had the tune done they left the shift settings as stock or near to.
Just increasing line pressure can cause other faults in the trans. Find a reputable tuner & get them to sort it for you.

Great advice above

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
the old shift kit designed was just to improve pressure thats all so its the same thing.

if the tuner did the calibrations correctly, u should have noticed a fast difference.

eg shift times for economy, and power mode.

also transmission shift points should have been changed.

pm me with more info, and ill see if i can help out.