Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Oil Catch Cans

Bitumens Shadow

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 SS Ute
Ok, well I have searched, but this forum didn't show anything on oil catch cans.

Does anyone have a oil catch can fitted & if so, what brand & where from & how much oil has been saved from entering the throttle & stuffing up your fuel economy?

I have been looking at an Elite PCV oil catch can (U.S) & these are made for the LS1's & I have seen before aswell & they are made really bloody well.

Elite Engineering USA - Tunnel Plate, PCV Oil Catch Can, Abs-of-Aluminum, Jacking Pads, Console Heat, Aluminum Pedals

There is alo another maker in the U.S, corvette accessories (?) which seems pretty good also.

Bit Shad

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Ive just had a quick look and they seem quite good compared to some of the catch cans made here and have good functions like being able to pull them apart to clean etc and most of all they will be hooked up the correct way! Some like the type i have are just simply venting to open air and this is NOT the way to have them hooked up! mine leaks oil and fumes from the top of the open filter and im not happy with it at all. Looks like im going to get one of the type you have just showed us here so thanks. Steve.

Pimpt6

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH LS1 STATEO VR V6 STATEO & VR V6 BT1
That Petterson unit looks pretty good . Any idea how much ?

richierich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11SS
Try ls1 forum they have heaps of info on catch cans:thumbsup:

BLOWN SS

Mong Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
you only need a catch can if you have some serious horsepower. Most people that have them only do it for the "wank factor"... FYI its a defectable item.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
pretty sure u are allowed to have them if they are a sealed unit venting back through the tb.

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
you only need a catch can if you have some serious horsepower. Most people that have them only do it for the "wank factor"... FYI its a defectable item.

man thats a load of crap, ls1's are notorious for oil getting back through to inlet manifold, wasnt intill ls2 i think they changed valley cover to a inbult oil seperator which evin still required a catch tank to reduce the amount entering motor and in actuall fact you if racing and high reving would benafit from 2 catch cans with a ls1 LOL, so man look into it you will see im correct o mundo! oil is in the air in the crankcase and has to go somewhere, for pollution resons its not aloud into the atmosphere, so it must be returned through the engine by law,its got nothin to do with condition of engine LOL, although poor engine condition could produce more blowback and crankcase pressure, secondly, oil catch tanks are legal LOL its the ones with vents that are not legal on the street..

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
man thats a load of crap, ls1's are notorious for oil getting back through to inlet manifold, wasnt intill ls2 i think they changed valley cover to a inbult oil seperator which evin still required a catch tank to reduce the amount entering motor and in actuall fact you if racing and high reving would benafit from 2 catch cans with a ls1 LOL, so man look into it you will see im correct o mundo! oil is in the air in the crankcase and has to go somewhere, for pollution resons its not aloud into the atmosphere, so it must be returned through the engine by law,its got nothin to do with condition of engine LOL, although poor engine condition could produce more blowback and crankcase pressure, secondly, oil catch tanks are legal LOL its the ones with vents that are not legal on the street..

try not to get too worked up over two and a half year old threads mkay...........

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1