Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold spacer on ecotec -- WOW

VS 666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim
My mate and I put this into my car yesterday ... He is not mechanically minded at all and I can name engine parts but thats as far as it goes... his first words were "how can this 12mm piece of wood make your car better?" and at that point to be honest I had no idea and was hoping it wasnt going to be a dissapointment.

After 30 mins of following the very clear instructions on the website (most of which was being super careful with the gasket goo) It was in...

The wait for the goo to dry was a killer... I was dying to see if it made a difference...

I hopped into the car after an hour with my mate and drove off... got onto a highway... going around 40kph I planted and the auto responded with 1st gear... it felt like a bit more power but I was a little saddened and thought oh well maybe this was a waste...

I pulled up to the lights shortly after... this is where my mate was chanting i told you so bla bla bla..

light turned green I almost put a hole in the firewall with the stomp on the pedal...

It launched almost immediately (unlike previous ecotec lag) and roared... it was as if it was pulling between 4-5k through the entire rev range...

I cant get over the difference in lower revs... I admit that higher revs are somewhat similar to standard but the fact that it spends less time between 2-4k provides much quicker overall accelleration.

Thanks to steve for all your help

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
12mm or 25mm?

This and a plenum spacer is next on the cards for me.

EDIT: Just re-read your post... you said 12mm...lol

Last edited:

VS 666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim
yeah plenum spacer is next on my hit list... but whilst dismantling the plenum i noticed some gnarly cracks so im going to replace that before I make my next purchase...

25 mm manifold needs some extra hosing (as noted on his instructions) and I wanted my engine cover to fit nicely so i chose the 12mm

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
yeah they're supposed to be a good thing, i'm fitting one to a mates vy wagon in the next few weeks. i want to see the difference (25mm).

definite increase in low - mid range torque though due to the longer intake runners.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
so whats needed to fit this , just go on the yella terra website and buy it and your set or ???

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
so whats needed to fit this , just go on the yella terra website and buy it and your set or ???

The kit from MACE comes with everything you need, including the hose extensions if you get the 25mm, and gasket goo. I did it in around 30mins, having never taken anything much more than the throttle body off before. The instructions are perfect

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
haha yeh

so its the "COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR 12MM FOR HOLDEN VS-VY ECO AU$150.00" your talking about yeh ?
LINK