Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleepas 1992 V8 Toyota Soarer Coupe

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Well, ever since I sold my 180sx years ago I have been longing for some Japanese goodness again ;)
And I decided that I am a little over my ute as it is just sitting around not doing anything, so I ended up trading it for this.

(I haven't actually taken delivery of it yet, so a bit premature, but i'm really looking forward to it)

Vehicle:
Imported 1992 Toyota Soarer Limited (or Lexus SC400 if you are in the USA)

Engine:
1UZ-FE 4.0L Quad Cam V8 (that is one smooth v8)

Gearbox:
4 Speed Auto

Colour:
Pearl White

Suspension:
Factory Airbags with in cabin height and damping control

Stereo:
Factory Japanese Spec Toyota Soarer EMV Screen and Cassette deck, TV that doesn't work

Other:
Fully loaded Toyota Soarer, Full leather, sunroof, electric EVERYTHING, touch screen controls, etc, etc, etc

I also scored a spare parts car to got with it, 1991 V8 Toyota Soarer Limited (also fully specced)

Early plans is fix the basics of it and tidy it up, then get it regoed and enjoy it. Then down the track make it look very pretty, and give it some basic performance mods.

Pics:

And the parts car

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Following this build!

I've been looking at the 1JZ versions but haven't been able to find one I like/not sure if they appeal to me enough.

They're basically a jap commodore haha

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Awesome sounding motor once you replace the super quiet stock exhaust. Not a lot you can do to them performance wise though unfortunately. Chuck a blower on it and you will be laughing.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Following this build!

I've been looking at the 1JZ versions but haven't been able to find one I like/not sure if they appeal to me enough.

They're basically a jap commodore haha

Maybe more like a Jap monaro with all the options checked. But yeah, pretty much the same thing.
I was looking at some twin turbo ones but I was thinking that even though I like turbos, in this I would still prefer a V8, and with these you get all the extra electronics. But no Manual option :(

Awesome sounding motor once you replace the super quiet stock exhaust. Not a lot you can do to them performance wise though unfortunately. Chuck a blower on it and you will be laughing.

I gave it a few revs and it was bloody quiet, kinda sounded like a small sports bike. But I have been checking out some youtube videos of them and some sound amazing. Found a 1uzfe converted corolla that sounds unreal.

Yeah, I have read a little about the performance side of these and there isn't much you can do. If I want to release some more power out of it down the track then a supercharger will probably be all I will do. Maybe a manual conversion too.

Picking it up tomorrow morning :)

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
My twin turbo Soarer was fun. No where near the boat I though it would be. Not as good of a handler as my skyline but they were going for two different parts of the market. I would of got a V8 one instead of the VZ if it was baby friendly.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that back seat is kinda non existent. Funnily enough I was looking at a modified R32 GTST before I chose this.
Can't wait to get it then I can give it a proper run, see if it handles better then the wagon.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I wouldn't be getting a Skyline in Brisbane. Amount of thefts is ridiculous. So what's wrong with the parts car?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Same model as my old mans..His is dark green and pretty sure has under 70000 kms..Very smooth motor..you can balance a 50 cent piece on it while its idling and it doesnt tip it over..
Got good mid range power..
Love the lines, still modern looking..

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Same model as my old mans..His is dark green and pretty sure has under 70000 kms..Very smooth motor..you can balance a 50 cent piece on it while its idling and it doesnt tip it over..
Got good mid range power..
Love the lines, still modern looking..

I'd believe that. They look good in that green.

The parts car is complete, just isn't running. Might be a simple fix, but will see when i get it. And the paint is stuffed on the roof and boot. Possible it could get back on the road if I get the engine running.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
What sort of "extra electronics" do you get in the SC400 Over the SC300 ?

Besides the factory airbags ? I wasn't actually aware of any haha