Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore

Hot off the heels of the release of Holden’s SIDI engine range, Holden has been sprung testing what has been dubbed as the VF Commodore.
The VF Commodore is rumoured to receive a revised front end and interior. Sources within Holden suggest evaluation of prototypes is currently underway with road traversing vehicles (such as the one pictured), along with public workshops on its design elements.
In addition to the design revision, Holden is likely to introduce a turbocharged four-cylinder engine into the Commodore range, allowing the vehicles to use BioFuel, similar to that currently on offer from Saab.
The iTi (Intelligent Turbo Injection) engines will be capable of using E85 ethanol fuel in a bid to possess a greener image.

Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore | PAVLE.com.au

Holden_Commodore_VF_1.jpg

newvf.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Might have fixed the A pillar - with luck!

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This is really interesting but why are spy pics always out of focus? There has to be something hiding under the apron or they wouldn't bother putting it on. The pillar certainly looks like it might have been slimmed down and with all the criticism it copped during the VE's life, Holden couldn't possibly ignore it. As it has to be due sometime during 2010, it's surprising that it's taken this long for spy pics to finally appear.

Hopefully, the front guard flares might be toned down a bit too. The spy pic gives the impression that the flare has been reduced but the quality of the photo could be misleading.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is really interesting but why are spy pics always out of focus? There has to be something hiding under the apron or they wouldn't bother putting it on. The pillar certainly looks like it might have been slimmed down and with all the criticism it copped during the VE's life, Holden couldn't possibly ignore it. As it has to be due sometime during 2010, it's surprising that it's taken this long for spy pics to finally appear.

The opportunity to take a pic is usually very short. Any shot is good enough as often it's a case of quick photo or none at all.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah I realise that but with most cameras being auto focus capable these days, you'd think someone would get a good shot in. Still, the pics make good appetisers, don't they?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I realise that but with most cameras being auto focus capable these days, you'd think someone would get a good shot in. Still, the pics make good appetisers, don't they?

Yeah.... not so sure about the TD though. From what I have heard TD is off the agenda for the foreseeable future.

Reaper

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That had better be a good disguise, because if the front end is round AT ALL, I'm going to spew :p

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6

from what the spy pics are looking like - it reminds me of the Pontiac front end.

and after seeing another image of the 2006 Pontiac Monaro - i think it's EXACTLY the same.

maybe to play around they have stuck on the pontiac front end and the real front end is something different?

Attachments

• 2006-Pontiac-GTO.jpg
    2006-Pontiac-GTO.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 5,996

mas996

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
oh no, dont tell me theyre going back to the old round front, as if back pedal.