Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Announces SV Black Edition For Maloo R8, ClubSport R8 And ClubSport R8 Tourer

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Holden Special Vehicles has hit the Australian International Motor Show (AIMS) floor with a collection of high performance, limited production models dubbed 'SV Black Edition'.

Based on ClubSport R8, ClubSport Tourer R8 and Maloo R8 derivatives, the enhanced models include matt black detailing, Vector hood scoop and fender gills, HSV's bi-modal exhaust system, and, for the first time in the brand's production history, 20-inch forged alloy wheels – dropping an impressive five kilos per corner from the car's unsprung weight.

Inside, the goodies list continues with a unique dash treatment, leather seats and leather-bound steering wheel on top of the already generous E3 equipment list. A reversing camera, park assist and satellite navigation is also offered as standard as part of HSV's Enhanced Driver Interface (EDI) data logging system.

The EDI system includes a map of every racetrack in Australia and can even been tailored for new circuits in the future. Lap times, additional gauges (including power, torque, manifold pressure, fuel, elevation, voltage, oil and air temperature), stop watch, G-force meter, dynamics (oversteer and understeer), fuel economy, data logging, SBZA display, bi-modal exhaust operation, MRC display and even race-cam-style telemetry are included in the system.

The system includes software for your laptop (Windows OS only) to allow you analyse your track day in depth -- perfect for honing your skills behind the wheel.

Like all HSV models, SV Black Edition models are fitted with Competition Mode stability control with Launch Assist (on manual models only).

HSV says the SV Black Edition incorporates in excess of $7000 of additional value against the derivative models, but is priced at only $3000 more than the entry-level Maloo R8 and $4000 more than ClubSport R8 and ClubSport Tourer R8 (see pricing below).

Despite the name, SV Black Edition models are available in five colours: Sting Red, Heron White, Alto Grey, Nitrate Silver and (of course) Phantom (black). But numbers are strictly limited -- just 225 SV Black Edition HSVs will be built. The wagon version will be the rarest (at a build number of only 25) while 100 each of the sedan and ute will be constructed.

Pre-orders commence today (July 1) with the official 'on sale' date being September 1.

The Australian International Motor Show opens to the public at 6pm Friday, July 1 at the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre.

HSV SV Black Edition pricing
- Maloo R8 $67,990 (man./auto.)
- ClubSport R8 $71,990 (man./auto.)
- ClubSport R8 Tourer $72,990 (man./auto.)

ge5698999342744630102.jpg

ge4724408352785997102.jpg

ge4736342532861907625.jpg

AIMS: HSV debuts SV Black Edition

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Only a $1000 more for the wagon, why would you pass that up.
I would definately upgrade if i had the money.
Anymore power than a standard R8?

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Not a fan of black wheels nor some of the paint outs. Wheres the rear wing? Nice but would prefer the standard version.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
seems different, but is it?

and jester, if only you had of waited a bit longer to get your next car =P

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Apart from the wheels and the badges there's no reason to buy one of these. The only way HSV should justify releasing a 'Black' edition would be if they
threw in a bigger bump stick, make it a bit angry. My old mans charger is just a CL 770, like 2 steps up from the base base model, but still it has a lumpy
cam from factory. That's like if holden threw a big cam into the berlina. I really don't like how materialistic the HSV's have become, all show no balls.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
It amuses me that they are selling cars now that us the punters have been 'building' for some time. How many of us stuck gloss black wheels on a car or changed the spoiler to the Senator one....

Maybe they have been looking at this forum.... Oh thats right they dont look at it...... :poke:

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
well i think they look great,but iam on 5th CC and coke so i will have a look tomorrow agian.:rofl2: