Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 Holden VF Commodore Spied

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
2013 Holden VF Commodore Spied

In a TMR exclusive, the next generation VF Commodore has been spied undergoing road trials in country Victoria ahead of its debut in 2013.

According to a reliable source, one car (the first in the video sequence) is an entry-grade Omega, while the latter appears to be a performance variant along the lines of the SV6 or SS.

There's lots of camo obscuring the sheetmetal, but there are still plenty of clues about the VF Commodore's final form.

The most obvious giveaway is the door apertures, which are unchanged over the current Commodore. That suggests the VE's core structure will essentially carry over to the new car, and critical dimensions like wheelbase will remain unchanged.

Cabin styling will come in for a substantial revamp though, and although precise details of these changes are scant we can see what appears to be a new chrome-ring treatment around the instrument panel in these test cars.

Outside, the VF will wear all-new body panels at both front and rear. Holden has secured Federal Government funding to help develop new lightweight material technologies, and rumour has it that these technologies will result in featherweight aluminium body panels for the VF Commodore.

What these panels will look like is hard to discern, but it's clear from this video that the performance model will wear a prominent ducktail spoiler on its bootlid and have an aggressively-styled and heavily vented front bumper.

The shape of the bootlid itself also appears to have come in for a significant change, with the bootlid's top surface now much higher than where the top of the tailights would be - a stark contrast to the slabby rear end of the VE Commodore.

This video also constitutes our first look at the upcoming Chevrolet SS, the export version of the VF Commodore that's destined for the US market in late 2013 or early 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

silver55v

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute 6.0 M6
The rear looks to be a change for the good but I never really liked the G8 pontiac style grill and this looks like it may sport something similar to that. Just my opinion though, and I bet I'll eat my words and love the final product. :)

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I really hope the tail lights popping out is just because it's a test car and the lamps need to come out past the camo....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I really hope the tail lights popping out is just because it's a test car and the lamps need to come out past the camo....

Yeah - they are just a decoy. Nothing special there. I'm tipping from the vision that the dash will be very similar to the Malibu.

2013-chevy-malibu-eco-dashboard.jpg

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yeah - they are just a decoy. Nothing special there. I'm tipping from the vision that the dash will be very similar to the Malibu.

I don't mind that colours aside. However i'd like the screen larger ditch the wood grain and give us a real door handle. From experience the FG's handles are like that and are a pain for getting **** into the gaps and hard to remove. But that aside its got a little holden in it i see bits and pieces that look current holden like.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

wow..talk about a blast from the past
that is a LHD copy of something very similar to a VT dash...

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Front looks like a graft from the Cruise and the tail lights look like Malibu/Camaro.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
wow..talk about a blast from the past
that is a LHD copy of something very similar to a VT dash...

VT(Esque) vents & centre stack garnish treatment but thats about it. The reason I posted it was the "hat" over the instrument cluster. I think the current steering wheel will carry over with possibly a bit of a tart up of the horn/cosmetics. Going by the MY13 Impala & Malibu, the infotainment software is in for a big upgrade (about time!).

Reaper