Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New HSV ClubSport R8 Tourer delivers performance and versatility

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Holden Special Vehicles has launched the new ClubSport R8 Tourer into the Australian market, with all the performance characteristics of the HSV brand in a versatile and luxurious new package.

The ClubSport R8 Tourer will be the company s first wagon since the all wheel drive Avalanche was released in 2003.

According to HSV's General Manager of Sales, Darren Bowler, the Tourer is a natural extension to the current HSV range of luxury and performance vehicles.

"We were very impressed with the Sportswagon product our colleagues at Holden have released and believe the ClubSport R8 Tourer takes the concept to the next level," Darren Bowler said.

"The Tourer is powered by the high performance LS3 engine producing 317kW of power and 550Nm of torque, making this one of the most powerful wagons produced anywhere in the world."

"The Tourer also has impressive handling and ride characteristics and HSV s enormous brakes and safety package we expect this product to appeal to a range of customers, including families who will enjoy the versatility this HSV brings to the garage."

HSV's Chief Engineer Joel Stoddart said customers would appreciate the driving experience of the Tourer just as much as the HSV sedan range.

"We ve built on our knowledge gained since the launch of the E-Series range in August 2006 particularly in chassis development and tuning coupled with the all new LS3 engine, to produce one of our best ever products," Joel Stoddart said.

"The ClubSport Tourer R8 is a versatile and extremely responsive package."

HSV has produced a handful of wagon variants over its 20 year history. Prior to the Avalanche, the company built 27 VT Senator Signature Estates in 1997.

HSV will build around 120 ClubSport R8 Tourers for the Australian market in 2008.

A manual ClubSport R8 Tourer is priced from $65,990, which is just $1000 more than the equivalent ClubSport R8 sedan.

Automatic transmission is an additional $2330. Customers have the option of full leather seats for $2490 and can customise their Tourer even further with a 20 inch wheel and tyre package for $2500.

Source - HSV Media

Attachments

• R8_Tourer1.jpg
    R8_Tourer1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3,969
  • R8_Tourer2.jpg
    R8_Tourer2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,117

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
And from the back it's just an SS... Poor form HSV!!! Not even a different bumper or slightly bigger lip spoiler? VERY POOR FORM!!!

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
front shot = droooooll :D
back shot = lame...... could have done something abit more aggresive!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Agree, i reckon it needs a more agressive rear bumper. i want top gear to test it though

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
insane car, will have a look at these when i finish uni for sure :) love them, test drove a 6spd ss v wagon the other day, very nice.