Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tailgaiting by police

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I try to refrain from spitting it on forums but I'm too p*ssed off today :mad: . Just picked up lunch with my girl in town and headed for home only to be tailgaited by some of NSW's finest detectives in their "unmarked :D " white commodore in a 50 k zone, into a 60 k zone and then back into a 50 k zone. I'm talking so close I could have reached over my shoulder and touched their grille. They were not in a hurry as they had 500 chances to overtake and this is a quiet country town. If I was doing something wrong or they really were in a hurry I wouldn't have minded so much. I drive a white VL with no dings, no bald tyres, no offensive stickers, clear plates and no pot smoking homies or stolen lawnmowers in the back seat. Although I lost my license years ago I now have an immaculate gold license with full points. Despite them riding my rear bumper I obeyed all the speed limits, even the poxy ones. I considered reporting it to the local cop shop but that would a) have given them a good laugh and b) have made me known to the police which I dont need again. Aren't these idiots supposed to set an example ? I'm sick of minding my own business and yet still feeling like a criminal. And no, I have no criminal record, past or present. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that cops this sh*t. Anyway, thats my whinge for this year.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
I hear what you're saying. It happens to me sometimes, I usually go about 5-10 kms under the limit and brake really early - not suddenly just really early. They get sick of it after a little while and just take off.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
i know exactly what your saying....its sort of related but whenever i speed or do something stupid/illegal im always the first to get pinged for it but my mates do 170 and flog it 6 ways to siam and they never get done for anything .... its fkn unfair

Ant

Reaction score
As for the coppers - just forget about it. I know it's frustrating (i have been pulled over 6 times in 3 weeks in my car :mad:), but there's not much you can do.

Gobbles said:
my mates do 170 and flog it 6 ways to siam and they never get done for anything .... its fkn unfair

My best mate sat on 20 k's over the speed limit EVERYWHERE the whole time he was on his p's. 4 years after getting his licence he loses 1 point.

First time I ever sped (1am in the morning, in my estate) i got pinged for 58km in a 50 zone.

And the copper tried to tell me to not speed as there are kids about. What kids are out on the street at 1am... :b:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
just hit the anchors, say you saw a dog or cat or kid or something. they run up your arse... you get a new rear end, they look like idiots and learn a lesson.

i know this wont work, but its just a comical reply to a situation you just cant win in

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
VSUTE said:
just hit the anchors, say you saw a dog or cat or kid or something. they run up your arse... you get a new rear end, they look like idiots and learn a lesson.

i know this wont work, but its just a comical reply to a situation you just cant win in
Thats where you put your blinker on, pull over, and get out of your car and say what the hell do you want. They are either gonna pull over and talk to you and give you a nice oppurtunity to tell them to stop driving so close..

Or more then likely, drive off into the distance.

squizzytaylor

Reaction score
police

Ive been lucky the last few years or so, however I put it down to the baby seat in the back!
I think the majority of Police are Ok, however Highway Patrol and some of the younger cops seem to require "attitude adjustment". There is also an issue with the minority of idiots wrecking it for the rest of us.

Just a funny story that happened on the New England highway near maitland NSW. Highway patrol pulls over a workcover inspector for doing 68 in a 60 zone, Workcover inspector says nothing and cops it sweet. Policeman finishes writing ticket and proceeds back to his car...........workcover inspector in the mean time gets digital camera out of bag photographs the cop and proceeds to the police car where he issues policeman with an $800.00 fine for not wearing his hi-visibility vest when leaving his vehicle in a high traffic area.

see workcover arent that bad!

GT

Last edited:

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
flick on your own set of blue and red lights and take off

or maybe not

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
vh-holden said:
flick on your own set of blue and red lights and take off

or maybe not

A mate of mine who has a Black Silvia S14 got a blue knightrider scanner when he was overseas. Came back and stuck it on his car for shits and giggles, never intended to use it on the road just when he was a drift days etc.

On the way to one such drift day at Pukekohe he came up behind an unmarked red commodore on the motorway. The cop pulled into the next lane and my mate went past, at the limit of 100kph. Sweet... or not.

Next thing he knows, red and blue lights up his arse. Pulls over, and next thing the cop comes up and tells him in a stern voice to "Get the f**k out of the car" where the cop proceeds to drag him round the front of his car, and points to his knightrider lights - which he had turned on by mistake.

Cop begins to fill out a pink sticker (ordering a car off the road immediatly) siteing my mate as 'impersonating a police officer.' My mate in his distress asks if he can just rip the lights off. The cop stopped for a second, then said ok. No pink sticker!!

Just proves that he really diddnt have a leg to stand on and was just waiting for my mate to admit guilt or do nothing about it. Really annoys me. To this day I have never seen an S14 Silvia, black, with BBS alloys and fake Veilside kit working for the cops, so yes.

Mike

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Couple of nights ago on my way home in heavy traffic, I had a marked cop car driving behind me for a fair distance.

I was pretty tired and as I was approaching a set of pedestrian lights, I didn't notice they were turning orange. I kept going and as I was about to hit the crossing they turned red. A lady and her kid had just stepped off the kerb to cross. There was no way I could stop in time so kept going thinking 'f**k that cop is going to turn on his lights and come after me' BUT HE DIDN'T!!!

I wonder if he was on the way back to the station for knock off and decided to pretend he didn't see me do it.