Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt berlina s2 ls1

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
So been here a while, had a few cars while been here and never donw a my ride i dont think.
so around jan this year we had 2 vt equipes in bermuda blue, one for me one for the misses and a wrx to smash around in but after an attempted break in and me deciding to be a hero long story short i ended up going on a urm holiday....
so we had to sell the vts but we kept the wrx, when i got back from my holiday i sold the rex and got a more family orientated luxury car with some poke.

so when i looked at it, she was nice, pretty straight needed a clean but mechanically looked, drove and sounded fine.
it was stock except cheap pioneer deck, 18 inch chrome amg wheels and a stock 2inch twin exhaust into a 3inch drone master p.o.s pipe with resonator delete and a spool.
202,000ks on the clock, just serviced but on delivery the hand brake stopped working (assuming needs adjustment as cable still works).........

about 2 weeks into it........
2012-06-06-121.jpg

2012-06-06-120.jpg

some blind drop kick reversed into the car with his 4x4 on south tce
2012-06-06-119.jpg

then the leaks started :( rocker cover gasket and sump gasket.
2012-05-31-080.jpg

so i fixed that
serviced it twice myself but thats another story.
2012-05-14-004.jpg

2012-06-12-149.jpg

2012-06-12-146.jpg

2012-06-12-147.jpg

so then i decided to get down and dirty
my latest mods:
replaced the diff with an origional lsd m80 3.07 diff, swapped the spooled diff for a wh m80 lsd.
purchased a full leather interior from a wh statesman (seats in just working out other suede stuff, just need to wire up the passenger seat)
2012-06-17-163.jpg

2012-06-22-182.jpg

2012-06-17-164.jpg

then put in
fly 6.5inch front cross overs
fly6x9 75wrms
and a option audio 300wrms digital amp 4 channel bridged to 2 for the 6x9s
put a set of vx ss wheels on
mcai and K&N panel filter
2012-06-22-186.jpg

2012-06-22-181.jpg

2012-06-22-185.jpg

2012-06-22-184.jpg

next on the mods/repairs list:
replace knock sensors and upgrade to ls6 manifold, front shocks and new springs, radius rod bushes, rear shocks, wheel allignment, either paint dash or buy woodgrain, 3:45 ratio lsd, redback 2.5 twin exhaust system, replace o2 sensors, shift kit, tune mafless and otr

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
could a mod please move this as it was the only place in the rides forum i could post......
also o2 sensors arrived from ebay tonight, wel obv today but misses just told me :) bosch x2 for 108 delivered to rural sa not bad

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Nice ride man! Gotta love the leather interior, just purchased some myself and it's so much better.
Got much more mods planned for it?

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
yeah man, soon will do a ls6 manifold conversion, stiffen up the ride a bit with full suspension upgrade, underdrive kit, extractors, full exhaust, get rid of the grey plastic and replace it with the cream or beige stuff and paint anything that can't be sourced, tv's, tune, maybe a cam, lifters etc, yeah the leather is dope but misses just rear ended someone so..... yeah bit of work to fix it up, got a ss kit to respray now and we have the monaro projector head lights to go too

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Oh wow, some big mods in there! All sounds good though, can't wait to see some of them happen!
Sucks about the missus rear ending somebody!
I notice your in Adelaide, where bouts you located?

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
mount compass bro, picked up a full vx senator exhaust system with headers and cats, so in the process off putting them on, only one snapped bolt but all good got it out, figured i would replace the thermostat but whilst torqueing the bolts to spec i snapped a bolt so i will just have to get a new water pump now too :/
smash wasn't too bad, needs a new top rad support but havent got the coin to straighten it up as yet so yeah.
salvaged the radiator, thankfully its a calsonic radiator :) 160 to replace a tank :/
needs new dryer/receiver and condenser, spent 341.50 on
15 for receiver
12 on manifold bolts
60 on thermostat
12 on demineralised water
60 on coolant
23+9.50 on hoses
9 on clamps and 115 on condenser.
100 for the exhaust so far 441.50 so far and tomorrow 160 for rad, money for paint and paper and a new water pump and seals.
might put a under drive kit on but not sure yet will prol do the ls6 manifold this week too
also picked up a clarion dvd player and 7inch touch screen tv for $50 so thats going in too XD
actual sick of the car, working on cars, spending money on cars, think i might find a new job and hobby :bang:

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
interior is so mint mate. this should be posted in the vt-vx section. would get waaaayyyy more appreciation

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
both were in good condition were they? well the cream leather and tan doors look really good. they brighten up the interior and make it look a million bucks. I guess the black dash might look out of place now? or maybe the contrast looks cool.. throw up a.pic?

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
ehhh, its um, yeah i don't know it just doesn't look right yet, i think i need to make the rest beige/tan to make it look better but the grey center kind of looks alright in one of the pics but yeah.
its back together now, just waiting on replacement lights and rad cap, demineralised water and a clean, oh not to mention some more money for paint :( sand paper and bog, i think i will keep the chrome strips and when the front ss bar is painted i will put some original looking chrome strip back in.